Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Budget thread
  • Northwind

The only thing stopping me from spending all day at the bingo was the crippling tax. Now I’m free to follow my dreams. Thanks George!

binners

r0bh
    Free Member

Shapps #ToryBing generator: http://www.torybingo.com/

(Warning – massive picture of Shapps’s smug slappable face in the background)

wwaswas

Couple of my favourites;

kimbers

Simon Blackwell, scriptwriter on the satirical comedy The Thick Of It, tweeted: “Genuinely, if that Conservative beer and bingo ad had come up at a Thick Of It script meeting we’d have rejected it as being too far-fetched.”

AdamW
    Free Member

I guess I will be better off under this budget, especially with pensions and NISA rule changes.

Will I vote Tory?

Nah. I’ve still got compassion for those less well-off than me. And a distinct inability to hate with the quantities of venom required.

robdixon
    Free Member

Nah. I’ve still got compassion for those less well-off than me.

Best vote for Labour then – after all they care so much about the well off they introduced the 10p tax on income over £4,335 (the limit for the lowest rate of tax has been raised by the current government to £10,000) to ensure people on low wages paid more tax. Then flooded the market with cheap labour to ensure wage growth at the bottom stagnated and the poor couldn’t improve their own conditions. Oh, and then wracked up a massive debt and laid out plans to cut the NHS budget so that everyone’s healthcare would be compromised. Put failing schools into the mix to ensure children from poor families are more likely to be stuck in the poverty cycle and you’ve got a great political option.

Or you could vote for the caring Lib Dems, who will tell you everything you want to hear and cling on to the hope they’ll never get the majority required to implement it and find out it’s unaffordable.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Budget thread’ is closed to new replies.