Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Budget Sleeping Bag
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Staying in a caravan this weekend and with no towels and bedding supplied the best thing to take is going to be a sleeping bag in terms of packaging size etc. Also will be camping at ‘ard rock plus a few other trips planned through the year, YHA etc. One night, two at the most and it’ll be car camping so packing size isn’t important just quality and comfort.

Ive got a mega cheap double sleeping bag but it’s years old, I don’t need a double and it was just a cheap option.

Ideally don’t want to spend more than £50 and could do with being able to either order today for arrival tomorrow or i can easily access Go Outdoors or Decathlon for collection tomorrow as I have the day off work.

Could stretch to a little more but it would have to be worth it, a good nights sleep is massively important to me!

jonnyboi

Decathlon ones are good value and they have ones suitable for low temp. Stock might be an issue at this time of year

biglee1

How about a single duvet and a cotton sleeping bag liner in a stuff sac?

miketually
    Free Member

Tesco do (or did) a reasonable synthetic mummy-shaped bag. Packs tiny.

I think I spotted one in Aldi this weekend too.

stumpy01

I got an Ayacucho on from Cotswold Outdoor about 5yrs ago. It was £40. Never been used in really cold weather, but it is really warm.

It’s quite bulky, but the next model up that they reckoned would be just as warm but packed smaller was £60 and as mine is mainly used for car camping, I figured compact size wasn’t a major criteria.

ElShalimo

Can’t you just loan one for the caravan trip, then do a little more research on what best suits your needs for the other trips? Buy in haste, regret at leisure or something like that…..

If you’re near W Yorks we’d lend you one for the weekend.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah Aldi have them in at the mo, can’t comment on the quality though…

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-down-filled-sleeping-bag/p/081656189838300

Cougar

For your requirements, I’d be going to Decathlon.

lorax

+1 for Decathlon – good sleeping bags at decent prices

CountZero

I’ve got a couple of Aldi/Lidl bags, they’re almost identical to Coleman bags, I know because I had to go on an emergency bag-buying trip after leaving my Aldi bag at home 130 miles away.
    They were only £20, the Coleman one was £40, and they’re a bit bulky, but for car-camping just fine, very soft and warm, I use a cheap cotton bag liner, and sleep on a 10cm self-inflating mattress.
    Spent nine nights in October in South Devon, and I was as snug as a very snug thing.

hugo
    Free Member

Decathlon, Go Outdoors or Mountain Warehouse.  I’d pick Decathlon myself.

Don’t over complicate it!  Warmth can be added by just wearing more clothes – I always find what’s under the bag is more important in terms of comfort!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Well the weekends trip has been cancelled in light of the 50 mph winds forecast so I have more time to shop around now!

trail_rat
    Free Member

more time and buying on a budget for cold weather.

norwegian army surplus off ebay.

Warmest thing this side of the sun . will take up your entire boot mind but good none the less.

20 quid

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Budget Sleeping Bag’ is closed to new replies.