Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • budget pressure washer
  • lovewookie

Any recommendations for an under £75 pressure washer_?

Something for cleaning the car, light to medium duties, standing well back and cleaning the bike. The hose isn’t quite up to the job, water pressure is a bit mince.

And b&q are out of the £37 karcher k2 compact.

Ta

Jamie
    Free Member
    RustySpanner

Please don’t buy the Karcher.
    They are awful.

Ours lasted about 20 hours of use before expiring messily with a cracked pump.
    A very common issue I believe.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lovewookie

OK rusty. I kinda thought that may happen. Karchers tend to make £200+ washers, and for £50 are going to be pants really.

Argos are doing black and deckers, Bosch and VAX at my budget, and own brand stuff.

Any ideas?

RustySpanner

Ordered a Nilfisk as a replacement, but not arrived yet.
    Seem to be the most highly recommended brand.

If you have a search there have been quite few threads on here recently.
    Linky.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Cracked pump means it wasn’t bled before use causing it to overheat. When you start your washer make sure the it’s off and you fire the hose until it runs air free. Then turn electric on and clean away. My karcher runs flawlessly thanks.

RustySpanner

No, it means that Karcher K2’s have a well known design fault that appears even when following the instructions to the letter.
    Thanks.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Nilfisk on Amazon warehouse

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

We bought a wickes one a few years ago for about that and it has been pretty solid – my wife normally burns things out but it last her cleaning the patio.

twonks

Echo the words above.

Many moons ago I used to sell pressure washers and at the time only KEW was a reputable enough name for domestic and DIY washers.

This is now Nilfisk and I have recently bought one of the below.

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=13011&?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparsionshopping&gclid=CNqHtZiFrsACFRHLtAod-AwAlw

Can’t recommend it highly enough for most DIY jobs and I got one of the refurb ones that are even cheapers (but not showing stock at the moment)

rascal
    Free Member

Nilfisk.

lovewookie

thanks all nilfisk ordered.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘budget pressure washer’ is closed to new replies.