Budget MTB sunglasses

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Budget MTB sunglasses
  • jayx2a

Any nice sunglasses out there that won’t break the bank? Heard a lot of people use safety glasses?

Got a long ride coming up and the weather looks good so looking for something soon!

Tifosi.

Excellent value for money. Lenses scratch a little easier than better stuff, but in terms of optics and fit, they’re very good indeed.

I got some Evans ones a few weeks ago and they’re great!

Premier Icon 1timmy1
    Subscriber

The Alpkit ones with 3 lenses are cheap and do the job nicely.

Premier Icon Cheezpleez
    Subscriber

I just bought some Tifosi photochromic ones (£40-ish), having had various super cheap and middling cheap (eg Endura) ones. Very impressed with the optics, fit and speed of transition.

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

+1 for Tifosi. can get standard with 3 lenses or photo for sub £50, good fit and decent optics. Decent enough anyway.

bsims

Tifosi. I got some with clear, light and dark lenses for £30.

https://www.rxsport.co.uk/products/Tifosi-Intense-Sunglasses-%252d-Matte-Black-%7B47%7D-AC-Red-%252b-Clear-%252b-Smoke.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8vvCx5y15AIVk-FRCh3mEAsaEAQYByABEgLw0_D_BwE

These. Not the most stylish but the sweat hole significantly reduces misting up.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

I file cycling specific sunglasses next to cycling specific socks

stevemuzzy

Planet x are selling glasses which are identical to endura mullet for £20.

When I say identical, bar the logo they are the same glasses…

I bought 2 pairs.

misteralz

I like Uvex. Fit well and usually cheapish!

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Decathlon, also have a look at the non bikey ones.

easily

Planet X also have a bunch Oakley-style glasses. Again, apart from the logo you’d have a hard time deciding which was which.
    I got a cheap pair for £15, and a photochromic pair for £45 – I’m very pleased with both of them.

boombang

Another thumbs up for Planet X. For MTB I wear a 20 year old pair of Oakleys but on road am instantly a Carnac convert. Very light, good optics, look fairly neutral.

jayx2a

Well now i have gone from looking at a couple of pairs to shed loads!

Will look at some of the Tifosi ones.

The Planet X selection is huge!

Premier Icon winston
    Subscriber

I have the Merlin own brand glasses. 4 lenses and a hard case for £18. Used them all summer and they are fine. Clear quickly and I prefer the single lens as easier to change and further away from eyes so slightly less fogging.

Premier Icon darksideby182
    Subscriber

Check out the bolle safety glasses they are cheap and come in different tints or if you’re lucky they’re free on building sites.

Premier Icon oikeith
    Subscriber

Foakley Jawbreakers from eBay have served me well for years now, picked up a few pairs so have a pair for MTB and pair for Road Riding. On the MTB pair I have picked up an legit oakley clear lens and run that with no issues.

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Bolle Contour. Cheap, robust, good fit, clear, amber or dark, good optics.

Readily available and at these prices…

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bolle+contour&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

PS – they do scratch up if you face plant at 20mph (as my son did on his road bike) but they don’t disintegrate so I’ll accept that.

stumpy01

I recently got some Tifosi ‘frameless’ glasses which were reasonable & I’ve been very impressed with.

I’ve also got a couple of pairs of Bloc, which are decent quality & reasonably priced.

And some cheap Uvex with clear lenses, which look a bit like safety glasses with sportier arms on. They were pretty cheap & seem to be lasting well – mist up a bit perhaps when you come to a stop, but nothing too bad.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.