Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • budget ibis mojo??
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

just been talking to the guys in my lbs they are an ibis dealer and they told me that there is to be a budget(£2500) mojo coming out very soon complete bike fitted with x fusion shock and forks and only in matte black weave any body heard anything or were they winding me up as its near April the first

petewon
    Free Member
    dreednya

Crikey, thats only a tad more than I paid for my frame over two years ago 🙁

Special_ized_Jamie

Great price for what is a very high end frame. Use SLX on one of my bikes and I really rate it so wouldnt see that being upgraded until it broke then its just a case of spotting some bargains in the classifieds to get a pimped steed!

AlexSimon

Interesting!

kits
    Free Member

any ideas when these will be up an ready,been to my local lbs who has a 2010 frame in with matte black weave,and was just gunna give him the nod to start a frame build all in for that price…

GW
    Free Member

Don’t Giant already do a “budget Ibis Mojo”?

Toasty

What a carbon Trance X for £700 more? No.

Silly bike that doesn’t fit me even vaguely, that’s a bargain though. Very well picked out kit on it too imo, well except the wire bead Nevegal, gone a bit far with the savings on that one 😛

dreednya

X fusion stuff is 650B compatible as well albeit with shim (provided)

compositepro
    Free Member

the local shop round here is doing frames for just over a grand

vinnyeh

the local shop round here is doing frames for just over a grand

What shop?

sportsmatch
    Free Member

Looking the mojo hd 160 with xt build will be just unde 5k mark just Just have to sell the trek ex 9 2011 and the giant glory 2010 and have one bike

cinnamon_girl

* I hope they don’t become commonplace * 🙁

(Rather enjoy having something a wee bit different to the norm).

godzilla
    Free Member

* I hope they don’t become commonplace *

There nearly as common as Cotics round our way. Lex’s have/had some good deals on Mojo’s.

b45her
    Free Member

where’s the shop doing mojo frames for a grand?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member
    b45her
    Free Member

Damn already found that, im in terested in a medium or large.

b45her
    Free Member

Damn already found that, im in terested in a medium or large.

cinnamon_girl

They have some terrific deals on Gore Bike Wear, shame it’s only for you blokes!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

Interest in these has been pretty high. Would like to have a shot on one too see what the xfusion stuff is like long term.

We will run a couple as demos when we get them.

druidh
    Free Member

thebikechain – will normal STW discount(s) apply?

ojom
    Free Member

No reason why not.

xcentric
    Free Member

great bike, love mine. Completely biased, of course, but it’s light, faster than I am, comfortable (and I speak as a forty-something with an eighty-something spine), and handles well. Aesthetically and design-wise, it’s beautiful too.

Fantastic customer service, too – emailed them one weekend and had reply from the MD within the hour.

But don’t get one, cos we don’t want them becoming too common 🙂

b45her
    Free Member

whats the STW discount?

druidh
    Free Member

It’s money you get off the normal price on account of you being a Singletrackworld subscriber.

b45her
    Free Member

i’m a subscriber , whats the discount?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

You cheeky boys. 😉

b45her, 10% of everything. Nice. 8)

b45her
    Free Member

a mojo full build for 2250 is very tempting .esspecially if i swap all the bling on my five to it.

njee20
    Free Member

Ooo, I’m tempted to try one of those! Would prefer a Fox shock though, even if it pushed the cost up a bit!

chakaping
    Free Member

That looks great, I would also be tempted – if it didn’t have a 69deg HA.

It’s great that bike companies seem to be realising we won’t pay the ridiculous amounts they want to charge for some of their stuff, particularly in the UK.

Makes a Santa Cruz carbon FS frame only look great value for the same price, eh?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Picked up my special blend 2 weeks ago. First impressions are:
    Stem is too short for my riding style (80mm) Easily changed though.
    The brakes are very bad, Avids of some description.
    Gears are either badly adjusted or not good in the mud. SLX and I can’t get them to stop grinding.
    Wasn’t impressed that the bike shop put the levers on the wrong sides.
    Climbs pretty well and I’m keen to try it with the longer stem when it arrives.
    I still have problems getting it to go in the right line. I often find myself a few inches to one side of where I want to be. No idea why.
    Frame looks really nice when clean but once it’s used then it is nicely anonymous.
    Tyres seem pretty grippy.
    It weighed 12.7kg size large with pedals, clips and straps.
    Only done Whinlatter and Dalby with it so far but looking forward to trying it on some proper technical stuff in the Lakes this weekend.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Sorry, I should qualify that statement about the brakes. They are Avid Elixir 1s.
    When I pull the lever it is pretty squishy and pretty much touches the bar. It’s hard to get the brake to react. The weird thing is that if you release and pull the brake a few times in quick succession it’s almost as if it builds up a bit more pressure and becomes firmer. But if you keep the brake partly on, like you do on a big decent, then it softens up and loses power. Very strange.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

needs bleeding quite obviously

philstone

Shame, it sounds entirely like bad assembly by the shop, I’ve been running my Special Blend for about 3 weeks now and I’m loving it! I have upgraded the brakes to Elixir 5’s I had spare but I have used 1′ in the past quite a lot and they were never as bad as yours sound..

As for the rest, I actually felt the stem was perfect, so much that my Hope 70mm I was going to fit is going up for sale.
    The gears also definitely need looking at on your bike, I’ve had no issues at all with the SLX gear set.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

bleeding the brakes sounds like it might be the way forward, but I’m surprised it’s needed on a new bike…

philstone, have you helitaped the frame, or do you plan to do so? I’m wondering if it’s worth it or just another way of spending money.

RustyMac

thegeneralist

It sounds as though you have been un-lucky with your bike, it sounds as though the gears and brakes hve not been set up properly.

If it is only a couple of weeks old can you take it back to where you bought it (quite a few shops offer 6 week tune ups) these are usually to sort out streched gear cables and the likes but they should do the brakes for you too.

titusrider
    Free Member

if you are looking at helitaping/ protection the Ibis frames are partucularly vulnerable to chains slap on the underside of the swingarm at the front (nr chainrings) so wrap that up with some inner tube or similar

I also helitaped mine up the underside of the seatstay as that also gets chainslap. Finally i also helitaped the bottom half of the down tube against rock stikes.

batfink
    Free Member

Wasn’t impressed that the bike shop put the levers on the wrong sides.

Seriously? Gear levers?!?!?

A friend has Elixir 1s on his canyon… they are very easy to bleed (despite what people say) – The pinkbike vid is excellent. Annoyingly you have to have the bleed kit, so to be quite honest, I would be taking it back to the shop and making them do it.

AlexSimon

Yep, all your problems sound like the shop should be contacted.
    Everything’s fairly tried and tested gear, so shouldn’t be causing problems like you describe.
    Brake levers wrong way is probably how the bike came from the US. Most shops would notice this and swap it straight away.

Regarding the stem length – it might be worth keeping it as it is and trying it out for longer. It might be different to your normal, but you’ll adjust quickly enough. If the top tube is already on the short side for you, then I can understand it though.

I would definitely heli-tape the cable rub points. Doing the downtube sounds sensible too.

It weighed 12.7kg size large with pedals, clips and straps.

You mean actual toe clips and straps? Shudder!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘budget ibis mojo??’ is closed to new replies.