Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Budget glasses?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Looking for a nice cheap pair of sunglasses and maybe some clear ones too. Are standard safety specs a decent option?

chakaping
    Free Member

Lidl/Aldi have cheap sunglasses still, yes Bolle safety specs are fine and cheap on ebay.

SaxonRider

Is this for cycling? If so, I bought Bolle safety glasses, both clear and grey tinted, and they work very well for the cost.

The Rush+, bottom left. They were about £5/pair.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Bolle sillium is my standard answet, other styles available….

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bolle Contour – Screwfix or ToolStation.

whyter

I found Bolle glasses to be pretty poor for fogging and weird optical effects at the edges. The Decathlon ones for about £4 are much better.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Just found a pair of these at work – result!

http://betafit.com/shop/betafit-x2-eyewear/x2-xtreme-smoke-tinted-safety-eyewear/

Pretty scratched up but quite comfy! Will try them on next ride and if they are good get another pair.

Can only find them in boxes of 10 though lol

ta11pau1

Alpkit do a pair of glasses with clear, tinted and yellow lenses for £15

Alpkit Kruger

They seem decent, got them for Xmas but haven’t used them yet.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Those Kruger ones seem decent for getting 3 sets of tint!

ta11pau1

Yeah I have a pair of Oakley glasses but didn’t want to ruin them on the trail, also a pair of bloc glasses but they fit so well to my face that when it’s warm and I’m sweating I have to be going 20mph or else they steam up… 😆
    These are perfect and if they get run over or break I’m not bothered as they’re only £15!

trailwagger
    Free Member

I`ve had Sunwise and Tifosi before, both recommended for the budget friendly option.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Bollé Contour user here for years, very happy.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bolle Spiders ftw

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I found Bolle glasses to be pretty poor for fogging and weird optical effects at the edges. The Decathlon ones for about £4 are much better.

+1

Still not perfect, but cheaper than Bolle/screwfix, and just bin them every ~3 months once the lense get scratched.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Budget glasses?’ is closed to new replies.