Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Budget Enduro helmet?
  • hopefiendboy

Hi all

Looking for a replacement budget enduro style helmet. The obvious choice would be the one from One One for 15 plus postage, but just wondered about any alternatives you would recommend?

Decathlon mtb helmet

Also seen the above.

Your advice would be appreciated! Cheers!

Squirrel

Very happy with my two On-One Enduro helmets. Worth noting the peak is not adjustable and my gloss green one has faded. The matt orange hasn’t.

DezB
    Free Member

My lad’s Giro Fixture was a great fit for a one-size-fits-all helmet. Looked good on him and not too bad on me. He crashed and it did all you’d want from a helmet in the way of protecting him. So I’m going to replace it with the same.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andy4d

CRC and wiggle (they had different stock/prices for some reason) had some good prices on 7idp helmets the other week. I got a M4 for about £20 and it seems better than the on-one it replaced.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Tried the on one helmet and found it to be far too warm for me. My friend I passed it onto doesn’t seem to mind it.
    Managed to get a good deal on a Bell Super and find that works for me pretty well.

alan1977
    Free Member

grabbed an on one lid myself the there day for £13 delivered
    used it a few times, its no warmer than my random £20 roadie helmet i initially bought… in all honesty i figure any injury i receive riding trails etc… my head is the least likely part to make contact with anything…
    but yer i’m happy with the on one so far

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just bought a on one helmet. Workes BN for me on one rid e

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d be getting a Bell Spark for £30ish if it were me. I don’t really trust the On-one ones given that they’re just the same ones you can get on Ali Express, and if you look at the videos on Youtube of the BBC lab test on an Ali Express helmet and a real Giro one the fake just crumbled.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

But the On One helmet is the same as a number of helmets on CRC from different manufacturers at a higher price point so how is it fake? Are they all fakes?

munrobiker
    Free Member

The standard On-One one is a fake Poc Trabec.

isitafox
    Free Member

I’ve got the Decathlon one. Surprised me that it’s not really hot as there aren’t many vents and I get hot really easily. Only downside is zero adjustment other than the chin strap.

arogers
    Free Member

+1 for the Bell Spark. It’s a great helmet. I bought one mostly as a spare but it has become my main helmet and has me questioning why other similarly specced lids are three or four times the price.

brant
    Free Member

I don’t really trust the On-one ones given that they’re just the same ones you can get on Ali Express, and if you look at the videos on Youtube of the BBC lab test on an Ali Express helmet and a real Giro one the fake just crumbled.

All our helmets are SGS Tested and exceed en1078 by a large margin.

MoreCashThanDash

All helmets meet the minimum safety standard, beyond that it’s mainly down to looks, fit and ventilation.

Fwiw, my head appears to be right in the middle of the two On One sizes, so either too big or too small, but they must be the most popular helmets in our club

tpbiker
    Free Member

All our helmets are SGS Tested and exceed en1078 by a large margin

Good to know, I have 3!

Although isn’t it illegal to sell a helmet in the UK that doesn’t conform to safety certifications?

Lionheart
    Free Member

A few On Ones in the house, and though I race in a MIPS Giro, my grab helmet is an OnOne, lend helmet (get a few visitors) is an OnOne and my carriage driving helmet is an OnOne. Not quite as cool as my Giro but work well.

brant
    Free Member

Although isn’t it illegal to sell a helmet in the UK that doesn’t conform to safety certifications?

Indeed.
    Sadly it’s not illegal to talk shite on forums about companies products.

doomanic

Very happy with my On One Enduro lid that I picked up when they were a tenner. I wish I’d bought a few at that price! I haven’t tested it, yet, but it’s a good fit and very comfy.

funkhouser
    Free Member

Paid 120 odd for my Met Roam about a year ago. Just bought the same one for for 45 notes on CRC!

kula72
    Free Member

I’d have bought several on-one helmets by now if they had a website that made it easy to buy stuff on my phone using PayPal!

bensongd
    Free Member

Have a couple of on one helmets including the enduro. No complaints with fit or comfort, have a long oval head and normally struggle to find a good fit.

Not tested it yet so can’t say on that front.

oomidamon

I had a little ‘off’ last week and put a dent in my nearly new Bell 4Forty. It was a great fitting helmet but not the coolest. I’ve ordered a Bell Spark MIPS through their crash replacement scheme so I’ll be interested to see how it compares to the 4Forty.

nickfrog
    Free Member

CRC and wiggle (they had different stock/prices for some reason) had some good prices on 7idp helmets the other week. I got a M4 for about £20 and it seems better than the on-one it replaced.

You probably mean M5 which is their enduro helmet with more rear protection and less holes. That would have been my choice, I have one and it’s superb value at £28.

Kahurangi

posted by nickfrog

7idp M5

what’s the cranium strap like? Does it secure nicely and adjust as well as you’d expect?

feed

I’ve had loads of helmets over the years. Got two “On One” Enduro helmets when they were giving them away 2 weeks back for £10. Been out for 2 spins with one and really like it. Seems excellent quality and doesn’t move around at all. Feels as good as any helmet I’ve had previously from other brands.

I also have one of their road helmets and one of their xc helmets and think they’re really good.

PS: Also got a road bike from them 2 months back, one of these, https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXPCEDRIV22/planet-x-pro-carbon-evo-disc-rival22
    Can’t believe how good it is and at such a great price.
    (I’m turning into a total fanboy 🙂 )

ajantom

You probably mean M5 which is their enduro helmet with more rear protection and less holes. That would have been my choice, I have one and it’s superb value at £28.

No he’s right, for a while they had the more expensive M4 cheaper than the M5, I bought one for about £22.

Similar coverage to the On-One, but fits me better, more comfortable, and better vented.

I have an On-One, but it doesn’t fit me very well, and the peak is too low (and non-adjustable). Good for a spare or lender though.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Budget Enduro helmet?’ is closed to new replies.