Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Budget dropper – Tmars or new RSP plummet
  • dai3015
    Free Member

Has anyone got any opinions on either the Tmars (the one with the rubber gaiter) or the new RSP plummet? I’ve currently got a Exoform Vareo that is a budget dropper, but it’s a 31.6 and won’t fit the new frame. I like the dropper and it has worked well, but looking at what to get that will fit a 30.9
    Thanks

oldnpastit

I had a Tmars, it was fine until it filled with welsh rain and mud and seized solid just near Glyncorrwg. If you only go out when it’s dry I think it will be OK, if a bit agricultural.

That was followed by a Gravity Dropper, which was fine until I changed to a 30.9mm frame with stealth routing, and I switched to the Brand-X one.

nickjb
    Free Member

I put a tmars on the wife’s bike to see if she liked the concept with a view to replacing it with a ‘proper’ one if she did. Its actually been fine and is still on there and still working. Its not brilliant and not as easy to use as my command post but it functions. That said her frame is pretty limiting being small and 27.2mm. If I had the option (if it was 30.9) I’d put a second hand command post in for not that much more money.

Northwind

My Tmars lasted about 4 hours before it seized solid. The seller was an arse too so I ended up doing a paypal claim to get a refund. I replaced it with a used Gravity Dropper which barely cost any more.

But 30.9 gives you a pretty full choice

dai3015
    Free Member

Thanks all. Seeing as I live in deepest, wettest Mid Wales I’ll give the Tmars a miss!

psycorp
    Free Member

Got a new style RSP on the fatty. The remote isnt as good as others I’ve had but otherwise it works well. Good for the money and no issues so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Budget dropper – Tmars or new RSP plummet’ is closed to new replies.