Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Budget dropper lever options
  • keppoch

I put my old KS Lev Integra on a bike the other day. It works fine but the old over the bar lever is rubbish compared to the underbar levers they come with now. As a result I would like to replace the lever with something more similar t the Brand X I have on the other bikes.

There are some very tidy options like Wolftooth etc but what is the best budget option? Looks to be a choice between ZTTO, Brand X and Bontrager? Any experiences

nickjb
    Free Member

If you’ve got an old front shifter it can easily be converted to a dropper lever. Works well and matches the right shifter.

keppoch

I have not got an old shifter. I’m OK with buying one but just wonder which people would recommend from the budget options.

tomcrow99

Decathlon do a super cheap one, looks identical to the Brand X ones which are pretty decent (certainly much better than the KS one you have)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/dropper-seat-post-controller-ysp15-or-ysp18/_/R-p-202991

keppoch

Brilliant! That will do me, I am totally happy with the Brand X on the other bike and that is a lot cheaper than you can buy the Brand X (err) branded one for

bigginge

I’ve got the ZTTO leavers on both my bikes, where they both replaced brand x leavers which felt pretty naff by comparison.

rockandrollmark

I’m using a ZTTO dropper on the not-so-posh bike. Apart from it looking a chinese knock off of a Wolf Tooth, it’s actually pretty well made, with a nice light action and it doesn’t wobble about or anything.

teethgrinder

The BrandX lever is gash compared to either Bontrager lever.

Even the fox transfer lever is better.

snotrag

Thr ZTTO (Wolftooth knockoff) is lovely. Adjustable, nicely machined, good clamp, dirt cheap!

dc1988

I have the Brand X and ZTTO, the ZTTO is much better. It’s nicely cnc’d and has a bearing so is much smoother.

superstu
    Free Member

Have ztto, bonty and brand x. Brand x is the wobbliest, bonty is better but prefer the ztto. Was around £15 when I purchased

happybiker
    Free Member

Got a Wolf Tooth, ZTTO, Bonty and BX across various bikes, ZTTO is as good as the WT, BX is weird, too short and the paddle is convex for no reason.

ajantom

ZTTO one is great (especially for the price) works very well with my Race Face post.

The Brand X one on another bike is ok, but isn’t half as good.

pembo6
    Free Member

I find the giant lever half decent and it’s cheap. Certainly better than the Brand X, which I thought was trash. Giant’s 2x version is excellent, if you like that style. And the 1x (under bar) version is decent. Not great, but cerdtainly not bad). My ZTTO is excellent.

matt_outandabout

ZTTO here – just works.

Also used a hacked old XT left hand shifter before. That too was ‘just worked’.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Budget dropper lever options’ is closed to new replies.