• This topic has 67 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Budget Day!
  • nathb
    Free Member

WOOOO 🙂

Still 5% over 300k?

Think I’ve just saved 6k!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good to see minimum wage going up.

Odd to hear £350m more to the NHS over the winter, Shirley BloJo promised that a week.. maybe Spreadsheet bloke ought to ask BloJo for the remaining deficit in the calculations…

Good to hear about reforcasting productivity downwards, the reality is we’ll be seeing less growth and more debt due to Brexit, seems like Hammonds the only one willing to come clean on the realities.. maybe he ought to have a word with his cohorts..

scotroutes

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the NHS money is £350m. He’s obviously trolling 😆

oikeith

Home many 1st time buyers are buying properties upto £300K, Scottish threshold was £145K.

Me, looking at properties up to £280k just to get a 3 bed with some grass!

On the diesel tax increase, does that mean if you have for example a T5 converted into a camper it wont increase?

ransos
    Free Member

where has this cash come from? How is it suddenly available?

He’s increasing spending by £6 billion per year. This will be achieved by increasing the deficit.

binners

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the NHS money is £350m. He’s obviously trolling

That’s what I thought, too.

I do love the fact that government policy is now a sort of petty, yah-boo parlour game amongst a load of public schoolboys. The next logical step is, I suppose, to decide it with a game involving biscuits

trail_rat
    Free Member

Home many 1st time buyers are buying properties upto £300K, Scottish threshold was £145K.

no it wasnt . we didnt pay stamp on our gaff and it was more than 145- and less than 300k mind – alot less….

dirtyrider
    Free Member

now £7.83 an hour,

Band 1/2 NHS at the first pay point in band are now only 5p above minimum wage at £7.88

😥

mefty
    Free Member

a load of public schoolboys.

Philip Hammond went to a comp

GrahamS

We bought our house as first time buyers ten years ago and it was £245K

And that’s in the North East of England where house prices are relatively low.

doris5000

Does Mr Hammond really think that the market won’t adjust to account for his Stamp Duty giveaway?

Surely prices will just rise to take up the slack, homeowners (of FTBish places) will get slightly richer, FTBers will be pretty much unaffected and the taxpayer will foot the bill?

ransos
    Free Member

Surely prices will just rise to take up the slack, homeowners (of FTBish places) will get slightly richer, FTBers will be pretty much unaffected and the taxpayer will foot the bill?

That’s what the OBR says.

ransos
    Free Member

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Grenfell Tower
    £28m for mental health services and local regeneration for Kensington and Chelsea council.

Really??
    To a council that had stockpiled £274m and offered rebates??
    🙄

woody2000

First thing I thought too Teetoo, WTF does K&C need more money for. Just needs to share out what it’s already got a bit more equitably.

Northwind

nickhit3 – Member

Canning stamp duty is a nice incentive for first time buyers. I was one 12 months ago. Wish I could get those thousands back..

You wouldn’t have benefitted unless you were lucky on timing, the market will “correct” in no time. It’s a bribe for houseowners not a help for buyers.

binners

Philip Hammond went to a comp

And he’s the only one out of the bloody lot of them who’s not acting like this whole thing isn’t just jolly japes, and a whizzo wheeze!

Who’s going to get to be head boy?

The whole budget has been viewed through the prism of this nonsense

And that includes the previous shower, still sniping from the sidelines, totally indifferent to the complete shitstorm they’ve left the rest of us in, while they pocket their millions

****s, the lot of ’em!!

frankconway

Yep binners, that’s just about right.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tariffs are paid by the consumer.

@mike Not always. Switzerland has a broad free trade deal with the EU however for 50% of their exports despite being on items which qualify for zero tariff they coose to pay a small WTO traiff as its cheaper than completing the free trade paperwork. A perfect example pf where an exporter chooses to pay a tariff.

Also no one likes a tax dodge like Ireland or Luxembourg

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

From an SME business point of view the budget contains nothing to promote or support the SME. The cutting of the £5k dividend to £2k tax free benefit is a real backwards step as it reduces the potential benefit from risking your capital in starting an SME.

We need some radical thoughts on creating business and opportunity, this is a dull as dish water budget.

P-Jay
    Free Member

£8.42 a month better off come April – the full £17 for our household. Honesty though, we’re far from wealthy, but we can live just fine without the £17, I know some people are really struggling but I reckon that’s £245m a month lost to HMRC, nearly £3bn a year that could go to he NHS, a quarter of the Bus Promise, but a decent chunk.

footflaps

Won’t this just up the house prices like help to buy?

It would be quite silly if it did, I would assume FTB’s are a small portion of all home buys?[/quote]

Yep, it only benefits house owners selling, who now get an extra £5k sale price. The OBR report on the help to buy scheme found this is what happened with the last sop to FTBs. Good PR for your thick as mince Sun/Mail/Express readers, but no actual help to FTBs.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I wonder if there are conditions to prevent the FTB bullshit being abused the same way CGT gets swerved, nice butty if you can take advantage of one and swerve the other. Early retirements for property investors are always nice.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My daughter’s FTB flat was £180k in Brighton 3 years, up from there but still well under £300k. Any stamp duty saving is welcome and it will help other family members as the first 300k is excempt if you spend more as a FTB

alpin
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member
    now £7.83 an hour,

Band 1/2 NHS at the first pay point in band are now only 5p above minimum wage at £7.88

That is **** disgusting…..

Spent more time in NHS hospitals this summer than I did outside and was truly humbled seeing the work that everyone from the professors through to the cleaning staff put in…
    Those people deserve more, imo.

alpin
    Free Member

Switzerland has a broad free trade deal with the EU however for 50% of their exports despite being on items which qualify for zero tariff they coose to pay a small WTO traiff as its cheaper than completing the free trade paperwork. A perfect example pf where an exporter chooses to pay a tariff.

Also no one likes a tax dodge like Ireland or Luxembourg

The Swiss are a bunch of conniving ********s. The slimiest and dodgiest group of people ever.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How many FTB’s can afford this nowadays? Surely the smallest giveaway ever.

We recently sold our house for £330k to first time buyers.

When does the new minimum wage take effect? I’m 3p/hr below that!

hooli

A lot of people saying prices will just go up by 5K, I would hope this isn’t the case but even if it does, it will still help FTB’ers as that can be put on the mortgage but stamp duty needs to be paid in cash – on top of all the other fees and a deposit.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Budget Day!’ is closed to new replies.