Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Budget Caaaarghh! Rental
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Yesterday: Why yes sir,it’s perfectly possible to rent a car if your photocard has expired, just bring paper part, passport and we can call DVLA.

Today: Why yes sir, we can hire to you, provided your application for a new photocard IS ALREADY IN PROGRESS

Grrrrr

ElShalimo

How would they know if you’ve applied? Are you supposed to show them a photo of the application form?

I thought that if your photocard has expired, then you can get points for incorrect documentation? 😳

Northwind

I got pretty much the exact same line- it wouldn’t have been a problem if they’d told me in advance. In the end, it turned out the problem was with the insurance, so we covered the hire under my own insurance and it was all fine.

RichPenny
    Free Member

geoffj

How would they know if you’ve applied? Are you supposed to show them a photo of the application form?

If you use the post office for this, they give you a receipt to show anyone who may be interested.

maccruiskeen

because if your license isn’t complete (you turn up with only half of it for instance) they call the DVLA to verify you are licensed correctly to drive, – the DVLA will know if they are processing an application or not.

molgrips
    Free Member

I got pretty much the exact same line- it wouldn’t have been a problem if they’d told me in advance. In the end, it turned out the problem was with the insurance, so we covered the hire under my own insurance and it was all fine.

Huh.. she told me she couldn’t even let me take the car at all, on the basis that as far as she was concerned I wasn’t licensed to drive. Which is stupid since I have a piece of paper showing I’m licensed to drive until the mid 2040s.

tinybits
    Free Member

Yes, but are you you?

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course.

Just applied for a new license online, using my existing passport photo. Surprisingly easy, so we’ll see how it goes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Budget Caaaarghh! Rental’ is closed to new replies.