Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Budget Bike Camera
  • tofu21

Hi Everyone,
    I’m after a budget camera for the gravel bike.

I’m not looking for something to do “slick 4K edits” etc… more to help identify the car that has run me off the road.

Ideally something fairly low profile that is out of the way.

I’m sure I can go on Aliexpress or wish and get something for £20 but is it going to be any good?

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

MrPottatoHead

I can’t help wonder the point of a budget camera. As demonstrated on the other thread, even video evidence can offer no guarantees of any kind of prosecution, and a poor quality video is going to be even less likely. But then, I guess if you don’t have one, then you have zero chance.

topper

Thanks tofu21, I’ve been meaning to ask this for a aaaages. Watching with interest.

ctk
    Free Member

I bought 2 of those chilli tech ones and have never used them. Will sell you one for £35. Drop me a msg if interested.

joebristol

The chilli tech ones will do the job for quite cheap and in daylight. Not sure if they’re good enough at night. I’ve bought one and never actually used it as the road bike has been sat on the turbo since February. I am going to use it when I take the bike out next though – a deliberate close pass over winter really riled me up and people like that should be punished appropriately as it’s not a game driving a vehicle.

ossify

I use the chilli tech ones.

As above, not the greatest quality but they’re fine during the day for road use.
    At night it can be hard to catch number plates but I have no complaints really for the price.

nbt

Echoing the above. Not had much cause to use the footage to ate 9says he frantically touching wood) but of the four submissions I’ve made, GMP ignored (or didn’t update me on) three of them, the one to Derbyshire resulted in a driver education course so footage is good enough for the police

northernmatt

Wasn’t the default answer to this always the SJ4000 GoPro copy off Amazon? I had one a few years back and it was pretty good

dogthomson

I picked up a Polaroid Cube cheap off eBay, was around £40 IIRC.

The only thing is the stock mount is shocking, so you’d need to factor in an extra £10 or so for an after market one.

Video here of a near miss if you want to gauge picture quality, you can quite clearly make out the reg of driver!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Budget Bike Camera’ is closed to new replies.