Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Budget bibs
  • shanta
    Free Member

Looking for some good bibs for £40ish…any reconmendations. Must have a good enough pad for 60 mile rides.

BoardinBob

My £25 decathlon bibs are far comfier than my £40/£60 Endura/Gore bibs on long rides.

shanta
    Free Member

Not got a Decathlon by me unfortunatley..

climbingkev
    Free Member

Funkier from CRC. 200Km on an unconditioned bum! As good as my Castelli’s.

backinireland
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLBSIB/biemme-bibshort

Have found these comfy although only been using a month so can’t comment on long term

concretej
    Free Member

I had the Decathlon team kits from 3 years ago and after racing and trainig the stitching on the shorts are unravelling but I guess I got fair use out of them for £45.00 each.
    I have recently bought Europcar team kits off ebay for £20 ‘ish and the quality is up there in my opinion with Decathlon.After six races and some lenghthy training miles the kits shows no sign of unravelling just yet, so much so i’ve ordered another kit.

hora
    Free Member

Do you really need bibs in summer? What if you need a piss?!

mrchrispy

bibs all day long mate. cant be doing with shorts.
    as for a pish….i just whip mine out the leg while on the go 😉

hora
    Free Member

What about STW’ers who aren’t endowed? It’d be like stretching a party balloon before attempting to blow it up 😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

I think ribble had some cheap endura bib shorts on sale

tang
    Free Member

Zip fit if you don’t mind the branding. Amazing quality for the price.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Standard STW answer is Zipvit

[/url]http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-zipvit-kit-on-offer-again

Great if you can use the discount code. Still decent value at full price. If you are prepared to wait they’ll be on sale agains soon. I paid about £20 quid for a pair and they’re really good.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I rate these, rode the Bristol bike fest in them and been commuting in them, I got a free pair of socks with mine to.
    http://www.d2dcyclingclothing.co.uk/product/bib-shorts/

nbt

I use Funkier bibs too, with the gel pad – mine are the 17 panel top end ones

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/funkier-17-panel-gel-bib-shorts-ss14/rp-prod89618

Used them on the C2C / Reivers tandem ride we did recently, one day I switched to a cheaper pair of Aldi shorts that I had as a spare and really noticed the difference in comfort – the Aldi ones are fine for short MTB rides but I won’t be using them for road rides any more

mudshark
    Free Member

How long have you been using the gel pad? I found my Lusso gel pad became very flat after a few years of use. Will stick to normal pads now – those Zipvit ones are good.

nbt

I’ve had these bibs a few months. They’re the only ones with gel pads that I’ve got, everything else is plain albeit with differing thicknesses of pads

maybe room for an article in there somewhere?

GrahamS

maybe room for an article in there somewhere?

I should hope so, otherwise they’ll be very uncomfortable.

shanta
    Free Member

Anyone got RST premium line bibs?

mrchrispy

I thought the stock answer was DHB???

leftyboy
    Free Member

I second the DHB ones, great fit and comfatable for long rides.

jonba
    Free Member

I like dhb but wasn’t impressed with their lower end shorts/bibs. Aeron race currently £45 in the sale though and they are very good.

Bibs all the way. Much more comfy than shorts.

ElShalimo

Galibier.cc seem to be highly rated on here (I hope they are as I just ordered some for my wife)

i recently bought some Exteondo shorts from Merlin at 60% off. They’re very good and have a high waistband that is very comfy and stays in place so you don’t need bibs

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Zipvit are good, I also bought some exteondo off merlin but I struggle with them to be honest!

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers all. pulled the trigger on some Funkier ones…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bit late to the party but this is a great deal. 2 pairs for £60.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Budget bibs’ is closed to new replies.