Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Budget Android Mobile for small hands
  • Premier Icon bigsurfer
    Free Member

Looking for a mobile for my eldest who is heading to secondary school in September. Looking for a budget android phone £100 – £150 outright purchase.

The requirements are that it needs at least 32gb of storage preferably 64gb. It would be really helpful if it could be smaller than the 5.7″+ screens that come on most devises.

An Iphone 7 is the perfect size but way out of budget.

Premier Icon Greybeard

If it’s acceptable for the storage to be on an SD card, Nokia 2.1 is under £100.

Premier Icon bigsurfer
    Free Member

Thanks Greybeard but my experience is that you still need at least 32gb or prefferably 64gb of actual phone storage to run a reasonable amount of apps, SD storage just doesn’t seem to work for too many things.

Premier Icon ads678

My lad has a Samsung A20e and its great phone. 5.8″screen though but he hasn’t had any issues with size and he’s not a big kid.

Premier Icon 087seb
    Free Member

Lurking in this thread. I also detest smartphones that are too long for the hand. I don’t think it’s an issue with hand size I’d phones are just way too long, you should be able to hold it from the bottom and reach the top with your thumb at a stretch imo

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Xiaomi Note 8T isn’t small, but the spec looks decent for ~£140-170, especially for photography.

Premier Icon Ro5ey
    Free Member

Pick up an Honor 10 lite from argos yday £140 … 64gb, touch n face recog.. comes with a case.

It replaces an Honor 9 that was great until a dropped it too many times.

Might be too big for OP but OK for other

Good luck

Premier Icon Cougar

Thanks Greybeard but my experience is that you still need at least 32gb or prefferably 64gb of actual phone storage to run a reasonable amount of apps, SD storage just doesn’t seem to work for too many things.

Modern versions of Android support “adopted storage” – it can use the SD as an extension to the internal storage. (Annoyingly my Nokia 6.1 doesn’t for some odd reason, but it’s an outlier.)

Premier Icon ebygomm
    Free Member

I’m not sure if it’s changed but a lot of Samsung phones don’t support adopted storage easily, i think there are ways around it but it’s not as simple as just choosing to use SD card as internal storage.

Can move apps to SD card, but if they get updated they get put back on internal storage.

I have to mess about moving apps, deleting caches etc. once a week at the moment. Half the apps are samsung crap that i don’t even want but those can’t even be moved from internal storage.

Premier Icon Cougar

Well, yeah. I fell out with Samsung phones back in the days of the original Galaxy and have yet to see any compelling reason to revise my opinion. I got an S6 as a work phone a little while ago and it was so diabolically shite that I went back to the six year old Windows phone it was supposed to replace. I really don’t understand why they’re so ubiquitous.

Premier Icon Greybeard

I wasn’t fully aware of ‘adopted storage’ – the link below seems a useful summary

https://www.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Budget Android Mobile for small hands’ is closed to new replies.