Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Budget action cameras?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Any decent budget action cameras out there that come in cheaper than a gopro?

Not for anything serious – just be nice to get some footage of some trails and the misses would also like to use it for horse riding too.

No commentry or anything like that – but ideally need to be able to set it up so you can see that angle of recording is good whether this is through a screen or phone app.

These gets a lot of good reviews, but actual user reviews of gear on here is probably more reliable!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKASO-Underwater-Waterproof-Camcorder-Accessories/dp/B078MFZRH9/ref=pd_sbs_421_2/262-1440107-1923739?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078MFZRH9&pd_rd_r=13445c2e-7322-11e9-bdb0-97a1e83b9d87&pd_rd_w=ZfySP&pd_rd_wg=USA3X&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=CRAQ8PEM6Z6J3MS9TQTJ&psc=1&refRID=CRAQ8PEM6Z6J3MS9TQTJ

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKASO-Camcorder-Waterproof-Rechargeable-Accessories/dp/B01HPXH29Q/ref=asc_df_B01HPXH29Q/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309924740778&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13769841736842240552&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006692&hvtargid=pla-562308512820&psc=1

butcher

GoPro Session is what I went for. Yes, there’s no viewfinder, and using it with phone is a bit of a faff. But for most stuff you rarely ever need one. Not being able to replace the battery might be an issue too depending on your needs. I’m yet to run mine out filming short clips.

easily
    Free Member

I’m interested in this also – the cameras on Amazon seem too good to be true, which usually means they are too good to be true.
    I’d love to hear if anyone has bought one.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

S/h hero 4, the black has more features (arguably none that you actually need though) But the silver has the screen.

The phone app is almost useless (especially with older GoPro, it’s almost usable with the newer ones but still a faff).

If you see GoPro stuff on TV there’s a good chance it’s a 4 black. Partially because the video stopped improving from that point and partially because GoPro got a bit more cagey about working with 3rd party accessories, you can spend thousands on a hero-cast but it will only work with a 4 black!

snaps
    Free Member

I bought one of these for well under £30 & have been very happy with it

Video I shot last year with it

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2arZRDz]2017_1008_095848_002[/url] by [/url]

easily
    Free Member

That looks good @snaps. Was it from Amazon? And doe sit come with a bike bracket?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I was after a decent camera last year but couldn’t stretch to a GOpro.
    Bought an Olfi, great camera. Simple to use and the mobile app is superb.

snaps
    Free Member

Mine came with 8 different mounts including helmet & handlbar
    Here
    But mine only had one battery & no external charger (uses usb to chatge)

johnw1984
    Free Member

That shot reminds me of the sandstone at Dawlish Warren in Devon 🙂

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I got a DBPower go pro clone off Amazon. 100% satisfied.

snaps
    Free Member

That shot reminds me of the sandstone at Dawlish Warren in Devon

About four miles south west of there – Flying Scotsman leaving Teignmouth

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Don’t know what your idea of budget is but for well less than a Go-Pro I bought this Akaso V50 Pro for about £120 . It probably isn’t as good as a Go-Pro but it’s good enough for me even after facebook has crushed the quality . Shot at 1060FPS , it can shoot in 4K but I don’t generally use that as the files it produces are pretty large .

https://www.facebook.com/neil.helks.9/videos/10220011531022508/

jsync

The gadget show on 5 had 3 on tonight.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ah Teignmouth,. lovely part of the world around there. Used to holiday at Dawlish as a kid 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Presumably a typo?

Shot at 1060FPS

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yes that should be 1060 resolution . If you are looking to video MTBing then you will do a lot better if you get a camera with image stabilisation otherwise you can end up with unusable footage of anything bumpy .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Budget action cameras?’ is closed to new replies.