Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Budapest or krakow ?
  • notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

5 day break in July wife says Budapest, I’m thinking krakow .   Anyone been to both ?   Budapest looks like could be a bit warm in July

Flaperon

I’d pick Budapest, but both are possible.  It’ll be warm but not unbearable in Budapest.

Krakow – nice place but hard to kill 5 days in the city itself.  If you hire a car you could easily do the salt mines and visit Auschwitz in the time you have.

Train (6 hours) or flight (2 hours) down to Budapest for another couple of days before flying home from there?

ctk

Been to both, and Flaperon is spot on.  Train between the two places is also a great idea. (NB I love looking out of the window of trains if its not your thing then its not your thing!)

Sui
    Free Member

Also done both, Krakow seemed a little limiting, though going round the old walled town is cool.  Budapest because it’s a city of 2, is interesting as it’s so very different each side of the river.  More to Budapest than a lot people realise.  Lots of love you long time girls along the river at night if your that way inclined.

TiRed

If you’ve not been to a concentration amp, krakow. You won’t need a car. Just a strong fortitude and a bus timetable. City is lovely but small.

stevextc
    Free Member

Krakow – nice place but hard to kill 5 days in the city itself.  If you hire a car you could easily do the salt mines and visit Auschwitz in the time you have.

If you hire a car then you can also go biking 😀

Bielsko Biala is about 2 hours drive… only 1 char lift but lots of bike hire (even Whyte has a demo centre)

Cougar

I’ve been to Krakow.  I’ve never seen so many stunningly beautiful women in one place in my life.  I came home with whiplash.

maracucho
    Free Member

I’ve been to both, albeit a very long time ago.

Stopped in Budapest while inter-railing in August 1996. All I can remember is that it was really, really hot. I ate wild boar goulash in a restaurant. I am probably one of the people for whom there is more there than I realise.

Went to Krakow with a girlfriend in about 2002. Thought the main square was spectacular. Catholic churches were really, really full for mass. Visited Auschwitz, salt mines and Zakopane, all using public transport. Was on a tram when it smashed into a car.

I would choose Krakow and visit Zakopane and explore the tatra mountains without a doubt. That would be my preference. Have fun wherever you go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Budapest or krakow ?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.