Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Buckled rear tyre?
  • DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Maxxis aggressor tubeless, after some enthusiastic cornering I’ve buckled the tyre, it’s still perfectly seated on the rim & ive re-seated it just to make sure but it’s only just fitting past the seat stays now. I assume it’s knackered. anyone else had this?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Really? Would like to see a video.

Shackleton

Had this with a shorty and DHR2 in exo casing, both still work but it is a bit unnerving if you look down. Have heard others of this parish say similar. Frustrating but not found other tyres that I prefer.

coatesy
    Free Member

Don’t see it very often, not sure what causes it, but it does happen occasionally (had one in last week for a wheel true,the rim was near perfect, but the tyre had major throw in it)

scotroutes

I’ve seen new tyres like that, so it’s definitely possible.

jamj1974

I and my brother had in quick succession a few years ago with Trail Kings. It does happen.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I landed a small jump and massively buckled a specialized slaughter grid. It was over an inch out of true. Confused the hell out of me at the time.

donkeysled

I’ve had a couple of brand new Maxxis do that, sent them both back ( at different times) and replaced no questions asked.

el_boufador

Yep, done that to a conti on a clumsy crossed up landing

kayak23

It used to be a thing with Contis round our way. I seem to have done it with nearly all my tyres including my 4.8 inch jumbo Jim fatbike tyre. I’ve reseated it many times to try and see if it was just a seating issue but it’s still there. Pretty bad.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve seen new tyres like that, so it’s definitely possible

This thread is about making a good new tyre buckled

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, had a few rubber queens do this to me in the past.

Best solution I found was to stop buying conti tyres.

Not had it happen with maxxis yet but there’s nothing to say it couldn’t.

mboy
    Free Member

Have done it on a Maxxis Minion and an E13 TRSr tyre. Have seen it on a couple more Maxxis, and have heard about it on lots of Conti’s!

richwales

If you ride the same corner, really hard in the opposite direction, you can get it
    back in shape 😉

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Yep RichOfWales has it. I’m still doing it five years later and it’s definitely improving.

breadcrumb

I did this to a Conti (side) hopping from a kerb outside my house, big wobble on. Bin fodder.

scruff
    Free Member

I had this with an Aggressor WT last week, was buckled then the sidewall started to tear by the bead. Binned a newish tyre 🙁

lardman
    Free Member

Yes, it happens. New Maxxis Minon, been hit a little too hard, dead tyre at least 20mm out of true. Side wall stretched as far as I can tell.

samuelr
    Free Member

Its one of maxxis tyres features.
    Schwalbe tare knobs, contis have paper thin sidewalls… every manufacturer seems unable to make a decent tyre that lasts If the tyre is new-ish maxxis are normally pretty decent about warranty replacement.

I think the cause is the carcass and the tyre fabric woven part separating or shifting thus causing the wobble.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Buckled rear tyre?’ is closed to new replies.