Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Bucket list
  • jimster01

Do you have one?

Having a conversation with the boss this evening she said “Don’t you have anything you want to see anything before you die?” And to be honest I don’t, I’ve seen whale’s feeding, dolphins playing in the bay, and seals swimming while I’ve been surfing. In happy with my lot.

Am I missing something in life?

colournoise

Nope.

reeksy

It’s never occurred to me.

wheelsonfire1

You die whether you’ve completed your hedonistic bucket list or not. Better to leave good stuff for the next generation? Memories pass on or not whether you parachuted/abseiled/bungeed .. you get the picture. My mother did all of them and more, she still died and my memories weren’t enhanced.

binners

1. Coke
    2. Hookers

Caher

To Will Smith Putin, for weeks on end.

BillMC

It’s a kind of itemisation/commodification of ‘the good life’. Flow is more important and fulfilling: being able to get a buzz out of walking down the hill to buy a newspaper.

loum
    Free Member

Thanks Bill mc.
    I like that post.
    Off out for a paper.

reeksy

You’ll be fine as long as you don’t read it. That’s bound to kill any flow.

fasthaggis

Nope.
    I often think that bucket lists and ‘things to do before you die’ can reek of a quiet desperation.
    BillMC has it,connect to your day to day.

ads678

Yeah, I’m not into specifics. There’s loads of stuff I’d like to do, some I’ll do, but others I won’t get round to. Probably cos I’m doing other stuff. Or I can’t afford it!

BillMC +1

willard

Kinda. I have a list of things I’d like to jump out of, but not really for life. Life just happens, you can plan some stuff (and that’s cool) but the spontaneous stuff, the things that just happen in front of you, seems to be more magical, weigh more in the scales of life.

avdave2

Bucket list – dull person compiles list of exciting things to do in their life to make others think they are not dull after all 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Twins

maccruiskeen

I think people who make these lists are looking in the wrong direction.

nickjb
    Free Member

I think if I had anything specific enough to go on a bucket list then I’d rather just do it than put it on a list to do later.

alpin
    Free Member

Twins

Finally…. Some serious answers.

tthew

Twins

Arnie and DeVito? Niche.

boardmanfs18

I’ve got some pretty good buckets in the garage, never thought about making a list of them.

doomanic

I have things I’d like to do at some point but I don’t let them define me.

I’d like to ride the Alps; somewhat likely

I’d like to ride in BC; somewhat less likely

I’d like to dive in Truk; very unlikely

I’m actually pretty happy with the diving I’ve done and the riding I get to do on a weekly basis.

BigJohn

I heard recently the concept of a F*** it list. Skydiving? Nah, f*** it. Swimming with dolphins? Nah, f*** it.

And anyone who tells me “I’ve always really wanted to do that” No you haven’t. If you had really, you would have.

kilo

Two lesbians probably. Sisters. I’m just watching.

Drac

Is this the Swinley version of Blade Runner?

kilo

Always wanted to cross Europe by motorcycle, planned to get to Istanbul and turn back, life got in the way so longest trip was a crossing Spain and back.

Travelling around Japan, probably more likely to happen.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’ve got a swell my carbon footprint list.

136stu
    Free Member

I’ve got a 10 litre builders bucket with wire handle, a 26 litre gorilla tub and a 36 litre gorilla tub. That’ll have to do. I mentioned getting another one but wife says I have to get rid of one of the others first.

mattbee

Not really thought about it before but I guess it goes something like-

1- Gorilla bucket in back garden for weeds and stuff.

2-Car washing bucket #1

3- Car washing bucket #2

4- Bike washing bucket

5- Mop bucket that I hate as the Mrs leaves the mop on the raised ‘strainer’ bit and it falls over all the time

6- Collapsible bucket in back of car for bike/dog rinsing after muddy trips out.

Whilst I don’t think listing them has made my life (or yours) any richer it does show how Middle Aged I have got. Used to have one bucket in the shed that I used for everything!

DrJ

On this important subject, what do the team think about buckets with a grid at the bottom for washing the car? Essential? Or fad?

ampthill

Surely there is a happy line between thinking and planning things you’d like to do and creating an Instagram friendly list of shallow experiences

In 60s my dad said I haven’t been up snowdon or Ben Nevis I’d better get on with it. He did and had a couple of great trips

I’m really keen to do a bike packing to this year

alpin
    Free Member

Two lesbians probably. Sisters. I’m just watching.

I never thought I’d hear myself say this, but I would like to hear more from Gareth, please.

alpin
    Free Member

Not a list as such, but certainly have a few things I would like to do….

Take my nephews fishing on the river behind their house.
    Go ride with the two of them.

Northern Lights

Get my hand fixed so that I can ride my bike again.

thepurist

To illustrate the value of these lists

I’d like to ride the Alps; somewhat likely

I’d like to ride in BC; somewhat less likely

I’d like to dive in Truk; very unlikely

By the end of this year I’ll have covered those three. Am I going to die any happier than doomanic as a result of this? Almost certainly not. Live for now, take the opportunities that come your way (if you ever get the chance, kilo) but true contentment will only ever come from within. That sounds like some sort of Buddhist mantra, but the happiest I’ve been lately is just sitting in the garden on a sunny afternoon after a bike ride. If I could get to feel that way every day I’d be a lucky man.

TiRed

I’d also like to travel to Japan. It’s not a bucket list, but something I know I’d enjoy.

pondo

Japan’s amazeballs, best holiday we ever had and I’d go again today if I could. 🙂

wordnumb
    Free Member

The bucket I have does for most things, when it breaks I’ll probably buy another same.

Mister-P
    Free Member

There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Liza.

ads678

I was walking round go outdoors the other day, and my wife said she wanted a collapsible bucket for camping Shiz. She thought they were too expensive though. Maybe I’ll get her one for her birthday….

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t have a bucket list but whenever I see the opening portion of the film ‘Up’ I find it quite sad. On the other hand any mention of buckets makes me think of Mr Creosote

doomanic

By the end of this year I’ll have covered those three.

Am I going to die any happier than doomanic as a result of this?

Probably, seeing as you’ve just pissed me off… 🤣

dannybgoode

Honestly, if I were told tomorrow I had a week to live, except the bleeding obvious like leaving the boy fatherless and not seeing him grow up etc I could look back on my live and die happy.

I’ve done a lot of stuff – more that a lot of people though not as much some. Some of it has been immense fun, some outrageous, some silly but all fantastic and a lot I couldn’t post on a public forum.

Yes there’s still the odd place I’d like to visit and the odd experience that would be nice to do but none of it matters really so no, I have no list 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.