• This topic has 51 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • BTP car cuts up cyclist
  • m360
    Free Member

Anyone know the BTP response to this “incident”.

It is inconsiderate and impatient driving, the type faced everyday. An advanced trained driver should know much better than that though.

darkcove

The only shocking thing about this is the BTP are actually in a rush to get anywhere!

allan23
    Free Member

Leeds City Centre, heading out to Burley Road. Bloody awful junction in a car. Lane priority is too vague, would be safer if the two left lanes were for the slip road to the left and the right hand for straight ahead only.

Not the best way of dealing with it from either party but probably both handling a badly designed junction the best they can.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    somouk
    Free Member

Undertaking and then cutting on chevrons.

Undertaking isn’t illegal, it’s in the highway code not to do it unless you meet certain criteria. A policeman cannot charge you with undertaking, it would normally be driving without due care.

As the lines to the chevrons are broken and not solid they can be crossed if necessary.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Not the best way of dealing with it from either party but probably both handling a badly designed junction the best they can.

Huh? As opposed to the BTP letting the cyclist negotiate the junction and then moving around them?

crankboy
    Free Member

Most police are not advanced trained drivers .

travo
    Free Member

[So it only counts if you get hurt or killed?]
    Or slightly put out, as stated in the post.
    I Suggest you read what your commenting on before getting back on that high horse Drac

theflatboy
    Free Member

There’s a junction a bit like that on the A1000 not far from me, I imagine others on here will know it. Left lane is turn left, right lane is straight on.

If you stay in the correct lane and avoid the situation where you get stranded on the left and effectively have to cut across a lane of traffic to go straight on, you are riding for a while in the middle of the road. I don’t think I have ever managed to stick to the correct lane on that stretch without getting abuse for doing so from drivers. Being a cyclist can be trying at times. 🙁

D0NK

Undertakes and then nips in front again on chevrons, the guy is an idiot.

that’s a plus 1 from me

Undertaking isn’t illegal, it’s in the highway code not to do it unless you meet certain criteria.
    As the lines to the chevrons are broken and not solid they can be crossed if necessary

“certain criteria” and “necessary” in this incidence being driver CBA waiting behind cyclist for a handful of seconds (something the camera owner seems to manage ok). The sort of behaviour I’d expect from the more impatient end of the general public, no it wasn’t that close but from someone who in a position of authority and should be setting a good example it’s pretty poor.

Drac

Undertaking isn’t illegal, it’s in the highway code not to do it unless you meet certain criteria. A policeman cannot charge you with undertaking, it would normally be driving without due care.

It is when it’s not safe to do so, he undertook and had to nip back in on chevrons. All he had to do was wait and he could of overtook him when the road went to 2 lanes.

I Suggest you read what your commenting on before getting back on that high horse Drac

I did thanks.

allan23
    Free Member

Huh? As opposed to the BTP letting the cyclist negotiate the junction and then moving around them?

…opposed to designing road junctions better to avoid this kind of thing.

D0NK

…opposed to designing road junctions better to avoid this kind of thing.

plenty of crap junctions around and I fully agree that they should be redesigned, however the BTP driver fell a long way short of “handling a badly designed junction the best they can”. lemonysam has already suggested a much better option.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘BTP car cuts up cyclist’ is closed to new replies.