Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BT Broadband Halo renewal
  • russianbob
    Free Member

I’ve done a quick search that showed up nothing/I got bored of reading.

My BT Halo contract is up. We’ve got two disks which work well enough and the speed and service has been consistent so thinking of renewing.

Does anyone know if I went for a non-Halo package would BT pester me to send the disks back and would they stop working if I hung onto them regardless?

Flaperon

1 + 2. Doubt it

But why on earth are you staying with pretty much the most expensive broadband provider in the country when you get exactly the same service without the domain blocking and throttling for about half the price from other providers?

£76 * 24 = £1,824

Go to someone like Vodafone and you’ll pay £456 for the same period and speed. Slightly more and you get the same mesh extenders and 4G backup.

The £1300 saving will pay for a particularly pimped out WiFi mesh network should you desire.

russianbob
    Free Member

Thanks @flaperon
    Vodafone won’t come to us for some reason.
    I’d be paying £50/mth for 900Mb from BT.
    Any other providers I should look at?

dannybgoode

My standard response – Zen Internet. With their router you can buy additional secondhand boxes that will configure as mesh repeaters for around £25 each. I have 4 of them as well as the main router now dotted around the house and it’s great 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BT Broadband Halo renewal’ is closed to new replies.