Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BT (again) ‘Payment processing fee’ – WTF!!!
  • cinnamon_girl

This company is doing my head in!!

For some reason I have received a bill requiring payment. There is a ‘payment processing fee’ of £4.50 as they seem to have forgotton about my direct debit.

How on earth can they charge £4.50 if you do not pay by direct debit? Is this legal?

There’s bound to be someone on here who knows about these things. Over to you guys whilst I go and hammer some hills in angst on the singlespeed 👿

BoardinBob

They can charge you anything they want if it’s in their T&Cs and you agreed to them.

Spongebob
    Free Member

OMG. Which hill? I want to ride with you!

BT can charge what they like. Switch to another company if you can.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cinnamon_girl

That surely can’t be the case?

If they are selling a product then that charge would have to be in black and white against the calling plan, no?

cinnamon_girl

I’m gonna start a revolution, we are too accepting of c**p from institutions and particularly the Government.

Who wants to join me on a demo? Who can make placards? Who has the loudest voices?

cinnamon_girl

Spongebob – I’m not a pretty sight on the singlespeed 😳 Get a bit vocal too 😀

Spongebob
    Free Member

Spongebob – I’m not a pretty sight on the singlespeed [:oops:]

I don’t believe you!

willard

Anyone can make placards. The real skill is in the slogan you put on them.

For that, I will need tea, biscuits and a quiet place for a good think.

cinnamon_girl

You’ve got a job willard! In fact there’s loads of folk on here that can muck in, if they can be dragged away from their niche bikes.

coffeeking
    Free Member

They can easily put the fact that their prices are assuming you pay by DD (as most people do) and if you dont use DD they can charge more for processing. You really should read things before buying them 😆

Spongebob
    Free Member

I thought Cinnamon girl was off up them thar hills!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Since BT started charging a processing fee, I have started making them work hard for their money – no more paying when the bill is due, I wait till I get the reminder, then the final reminder. Then I pay.

If they insist on making punative charges, I reserve my right to be obtuse and squeeze every bit of profit I can from them with all the extra paperwork and postage. 😛

willard

C_G’s original mail said that BT appeared to have forgotten her direct debit. I’m assuming from this that they will be forced to refund this _should_ she have to apy it.

The best slogan so far (no biscuits… I’m in training for a 10k) is “BT – Bunch of useless ****”

coffeeking
    Free Member

You aint getting biscuits anyway for THAT willard, try again!

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t let them get away with it – just dispute it and refuse to pay it, they will give in.
    The lines down our road went down due to a lightning strike a few years ago.
    We phoned BT.
    Next bill, CALL OUT CHARGE!
    Tried to take it by DD, but I demanded it back and changed to manual payments. They think they can sneak sh1t out and you won’t notice!

Smee
    Free Member

BT – Blatant Thievery.

lightman
    Free Member

Virgin charge £5 if you dont pay by DD, but will give you a pound back if you go paperless

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BT (again) ‘Payment processing fee’ – WTF!!!’ is closed to new replies.