Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • B*stard Jeans!!
  • snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for the second time in 6 months i have worn ‘testi’ holes in my levi skinny-ish jeans…. i am pretty peeved off. Jeans used to last me about 3 years and now 2 pairs in 6 months…. (i feel a STW value for money rant coming on….)

Anyway I have been working down here in NZ living the bike dream for about 18 months now and my dross wages don’t really stretch to fancy pants… but i forked out about $170 or 75 of your english pounds of on each of these pairs and i will never be going there again…

I am a skinny chap and i wouldn’t say i have abnormal legs, walking style of testi’s for that matter, but do any of you have any good recommendations for a stylish but durable set of jeans? I was thinking of getting a cycle specific pair as i hope that they would have a slightly more durable gooch area…. maybe something by howies or similar but do you have any advice? It’s winter here in Queenstown and my testis can’t handle the icey draft much longer!! 😆

bruneep

Stoodent jeans

Pigface
    Free Member

Get yourself down to the Warehouse the Warehouse where everyone gets a bargain 😀

Joe

Same problems here mate. Too many bikes = holes near the hooch.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I had this happen to a new pair of Levi’s recently, I had them about 3 months and just took them back to the Levi shop and got a new pair. I was told if it happens again then just take those back too.

passtherizla
    Free Member

buy cheaper Jeans… Dr Denim last well. Cheap Monday are good too I also wear holes in the crotch.

unovolo
    Free Member

I can honestly say I have never worn out jeans around the testi area ever,undies ‘yes’,knee’s in jeans ‘Yes’.

Curious as to what exactly your doing to wear out the crotch?

convert

This is also my normal method of killing jeans. Big thighed cyclist – I wonder if it creates unusual levels of rubbage… either that or I have super potent bollocks!

martinhutch

Dunno, but judging by his username, it clearly has some unpleasant side-effects.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Stop scratching your bollocks all the time?

Martin.B
    Free Member

Cut fingernails before scatching ?

pictonroad

All my jeans go here, every time, doesn’t matter what make or how expensive. I have a old pair that get cut into square patches and sewn inside to create a second layer and prevent icy blast/indecent exposure. Get another year out of them that way, don’t chuck em, if you don’t have a wife/sewing machine take them to a local alterations shop.

munrobiker
    Free Member

This has started happening to me in the last few years- I’m sure it’s a skinny jeans thing.

I buy my Levi’s in the US where they’re £25 a pair so don’t feel too duped, but Howies ones last me indefinitely (got 2 pairs that’re 7 years old)- maybe you just need to stump up a ludicrous sum of money for them to last forever?

convert

Looking at their site it looks like Howies might be getting out of the jeans market – which is a shame as a friend is about to start working for them. Howies founder now has his own jeans company in Cardigan Bay (Hiut) but they are out of my price range. Howies jeans have always lasted me well (if you can handle your legs turning blue to start with!).

CountZero

I was thinking of getting a cycle specific pair as i hope that they would have a slightly more durable gooch area

There’s your problem right there; wearing denim jeans on a bike. Not the most appropriate legwear, and guaranteed to wear out quickly.

annebr
    Free Member

A guy I went to school with had the nickname “scratch”, I wonder if it’s you?

MrSmith
    Free Member

you need some proper jeans like a pair of Ande Whall Cobras.

maccruiskeen

I was thinking of getting a cycle specific pair

Those boots are SPD compatible too.

chungabunga
    Free Member

http://www.quietchaos.co.nz/

support your LJS

snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

😆

Should probably have known better than to ask for fashion tips on here… sadly no tesco $4 pants down in this part of the world.

Thanks, might try take them back to the place of purchase and see how i get on… you never know.

I did have a pair of WESC jeans some years back that lasted well… i am pretty sure they are supplied by the same people who supply howies but they just sew on a different label and pockets….

I guess i probably need to find trendylondonfixieriders.com forum for some more advice with this! 😉

prettygreenparrot

Living in NZ and you want super tough trousers? You need these

Sounds like your problem could be the skinny fit rather than the denim.

Still, if you can’t make the move to a regular cut, how about giving Nudie jeans a go? I wonder if one of the reasons my Howies jeans lasted so long was their ‘organic’ denim. That, and that they were stitched under a full moon on a ley line or whatever 😉

Or, just buy cheaper or discounted denim and replace them more often.

prettygreenparrot

Have you thought of patching them? A nice, contrasting, patch from some other piece of clothing might get you ‘special’ attention too. 😀

It seems Nudie are in on the idea. I suspect a needle and thread might be cheaper from a regular store though.

maccruiskeen

Maybe its not your pendulous bristly prarie oysters that are the problem, but the frayed ends of your snapped banjo string.

Problem…..

…. solved

Be careful with the pliers. And wash them before you give them back, you don’t know where thats been.

bungle

Just got some Lee 101z in 23oz denim, they should last. RRP £300! Much cheaper online though.

midlifecrashes

I’m beginning to like the cut of Lee’s jib for naming the £300 jeans they sell to fools “lolz”. Well done that product designer.

prettygreenparrot

Absolutely incredible. I saw the 23oz denim comment @bungle and googled them. Within moments I got to this, a service to repair what might be just the sort of holes the OP described.

Seeing those pictures I couldn’t help but think of Buster Gonad:

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘B*stard Jeans!!’ is closed to new replies.