Bruised knee – tips for recovery?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bruised knee – tips for recovery?
  • jayx2a

Ok so managed to injure my knee yesterday in bizarre circumstances!

Was taking the bike out of its storage unit and it’s raised by a foot or so.

Pushed bike out and as I went to step out I slipped and fell on my my bike!

Knee cap landed straight on the rear triangle and below my knee got mashed on the cassette!

What do people use for quick recovery from a bruised knee? I have a big ride in 2 weeks so training is out the window!

I am icing it at home but is there anything I can get to aid recovery when I’m out? Some sort of support? Do those stick on deep freeze patches help?

Any tips and tricks greatly appreciated.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

My God man, you haven’t even mentioned if you’ve damaged the bike. You monster!😉

jayx2a

Haha! Bike vs Knee – bike won hands down with maybe just a bit of blood to show for its battle.

hols2

Rest until it stops hurting.

Premier Icon joebristol
    Subscriber

That’s a bizarre injury, I feel your pain! Last year I was putting the bike on the roof of the car and thought I had it hooked in the main arm of the bike carrier but it wasn’t and it fell and the handlebar end hit me on the ear. Needed 5 or 6 stitches at the hospital so I missed my ride ffs!

With a bruised knee I think you just have to wait that one out until the pain has eased enough to ride.

Premier Icon sirromj
    Subscriber

Has it swollen up like a golf ball yet?

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

Jump on the bike and pedal it off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.