Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bruised cocyx, new saddle ??
  • ton

i appear to have a very bruised and tender coccyx. to the point of not being able to sit straight down. having to sit on each cheek in turn.

i fitted a new saddle to my bike recently, it is a gel type saddle with a big central grove and cutout. the gel pad either side where you cheeks sit are quite raised, and your balls, perineum and bits are in the grove unsupported. i have never used a saddle like this before. been on a brooks c17 and b17 for a long time, where you are fully supported.
    i was wondering if it has been caused by the change in saddle. and has kind of strained/pulled down there.

any idea’s ?

retrorick

A few more rides and your cheeks might adjust to the new saddle. Is it in the same position as your old saddle?

Kuco

When I bought my Specialized Roubaix a few years ago the stock saddle did the same. It was the first time in my cycling life a saddle actually bruised my arse. I replaced it with a Flite and it cured the problem.

I normally get on really well with Specialized saddles but that one went straight into the bin.

martymac

I’ve had actual bruising on my sit bones, from an OEM saddle on a cube hardtail.
    The saddle was quite a flat shape, I cured it by fitting a B17.

matt_outandabout

and your balls, perineum and bits are in the grove unsupported.

That’s a wide groove.

I had an Orange Angry O saddle back in the day which also brutalised my tailbone – it was changed after just two rides.

ton

this is the saddle. as you can see the sit bones area are pretty raised up.

https://www.cyclehouse.co.uk/m2b0s82p2557/BIOFLEX-ONGEL-OZONE-MENS-GEL-SADDLE

gonna source something else and try that

stevemtb
    Free Member

I’ve had this, was excruciating, got laughed at every day at work as I needed a cushion to be able to sit.

Spent a fortune on physio and chiropractor trying to get everything aligned to alleviate the “coccyx” pain.

Was only when I switched to a new physio that she focussed on my hips, when she found the trigger point it was nearly instant relief on my pain I thought was my coccyx. If you sit with your ankle on your opposite knee while on a seat does it ease? If so it may be your hips causing the pain – that could still be the new saddle causing the hip pain though!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.