Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Brrr … Just lit the stoves
  • letmetalktomark

I admit I probably should have just put a jumper on but one the shorts and t shirts come out they are out.

I am right in thinking it is May isn’t it ….

Harry_the_Spider

Ours has been on for the last couple of nights too. Running out of wood… think I’ll have to burn a park bench.

VanMan
    Free Member

With you there, had the heated seats on this morning on the way to work (Glasgow)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, still lighting the stove about every other night – heating is off in the evenings though. Seriously running low on wood.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been out riding around That London this morning, damn if I didn’t need gloves..

Chilly willy. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

windows are open at night to sleep its too warm otherwise….. and it lets me keep a keen ear out for travelers camped down the road raiding my garden

Gary_M
    Free Member

You’ve got the first part of the month right, full title is Mayvember.

piemonster

I admit I probably should have just put a jumper on but one the shorts and t shirts come out they are out.

I am right in thinking it is May isn’t it ….

Few years back I spent some time out in the Pyrenees. One of my best memories is watching the snow falling outside while I’m sat there in shorts and t shirt, beer in hand. Toasty warm as the wood burner roars like a jet engine. Lovely.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Snow here on Dartmoor overnight. Princetown got a fair covering overnight.

chris_db
    Free Member

The wood burner is on in Otley.

Smudger666

hailstoned in dunfermline 🙁

so much for gardening leave!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I worked out in all day today and really regretted packing away the thermals!!!

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s colder in SW France than in the English Midlands today. Snow at 1300m tomorrow. Stove lit, just as well I didn’t remove the pipes for cleaning as I usually do at the end of April.

somafunk

Stove on in Galloway as well, in fact it’s been in use constantly this year as it’s my only heating in the house apart from a airsource heat pump/radiators but that costs a fortune to run and just gives background heat so i don’t switch it on.

i usually have the fire off from April/may through to end of september but not this year, must be an age thing catching up wi me 😉 , i just want to feel some heat in the sun and lie in the garden wi a book n’ bottle of wine and get slowly drunk n’ burnt…is that too much to ask for in Scotland?

takisawa2

Yes.
    Has anyone ever actually been sunburned in Scotland ?
    Do Ambre Solaire have a Scottish distributor ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    Yes.
    Has anyone ever actually been sunburned in Scotland ?
    Do Ambre Solaire have a Scottish distributor ?

The last two nights have been lovely in sunny Ayrshire!. Stove been off for about a fortnight now, and no heating either. MTFU.

toys19
    Free Member

Umm is this not abit worrying? Mini ice age approaching ?

phinbob

Just grateful not to have to run the aircon too much this week in Nor Cal. 🙂

stumpy01

Yep, had the gas fire on four a couple of nights and then thought sod this and the heating has come back on…

Rubbish!

Pigface
    Free Member

But Phinbob if you live in Eureka your in hell anyway 😉

chunkypaul
    Free Member

you bunch of fannies…. 😆 my stoves not been on for a good month now

no dry wood… 😉

globalti
    Free Member

People have been leaving their stoves unlit?

Blimey. Our has been lit every evening since last August; Mrs Gti never eats anything so she is permanently frozen. The worst damage to our wood store always happens when her elderly mother comes to stay; she lights the stove at 10:00 and keeps on chucking logs on all day while she sits immobile in front of the TV.

Edukator
    Free Member

The worst damage to our wood store always happens when her elderly mother comes to stay;

This is why I had to light the stove yesterday, 18°C is acceptable to Madame. Snow at 800m this morning.

footflaps

We’ve had the coal fire going every night for the last week. Just escaped to Portugal for a week of warmer weather, although it’s only 18C here today – should be up to 30 by the weekend.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Brrr … Just lit the stoves’ is closed to new replies.