Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Broxbourne Woods Hertfordshire
  • bumblingbiker
    Free Member

Hello, im planning on taking our group of mountain bikers over to broxbourne woods (collective name for the woods as its actually several named woods in one area).Im a local not living too far away approx 17miles but havent been in the woods riding of late and would like too know if anyone has been in there in the last couple of days as when its wet its greasy as hell. we heading over there on sunday 22nd so any heads up would be gratefull, also does anyone know if thre hs been any further instances of hidden nail planks being inserted on the trail ???? cheers

Rubber-Duck

Hi

I was out last night and ride there several times a week. It’s been wet so obviously the rooty sections are a bit slippery but I would not describe it as greasy as hell, though some sections are perhaps more lively than others. It’s still possible to ride at a fair pace if you so wish. It’s forecast to be wet and windy all week so it’s likely conditions will deteriorate.

I have ridden there for years and only heard of the nail plank incident in the press once. I have heard of no other occurrences. There is the odd spate of ‘stick lady’ but they are usually of the low interlect placement verity.

Do the ride it will be wet everywhere and the trails are great. 🙂

bumblingbiker
    Free Member

Hi rubber duck thanks for your feed back appreciate that.its one of my favourite woods too ride in as i used to manage cyledealia in broxbourne and got too ride through there everyday on my offroad commute in from stevenage,not a bad start too the morning!!! not been there for a few months so just wanted a heads up on how it was riding of late cheeds for your info.even in the wet its still offers great riding.will enjoy the fide regardless of the weather as afterall we are water proof 🙂 cheers for now

mrflaky
    Free Member

Sorry to highjack the thread abit, not been living down this way for long and been looking for some localish XC routes (I live in St Albans) and was wondering if you had any routes or directions I could pinch?

cheeky I know, but if you don’t ask you don’t get!

PJM1974
    Free Member

@bumblingbiker – are you Paul by any chance?

If so, I’m the bloke with the black Spesh Enduro who used to drop by often!

Back to Broxbourne Woods – I’ve found a few circuits around there that are quite rewarding to ride. I’ve never had an issue with hidden nails, but some sections can get properly muddy though so be warned. There’s a very biker friendly pub hidden in there somewhere too.

jedi

I’m at the farmers boy right now getting ready to ride. No bike traps for a while 🙂

cove123

it will be wet!!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Mr Flaky if you are in St Albans there a fair bit to ride around Lemsford,Wheathampstead,the Ayots and Symondshyde woods.

Addiktion in Victoria road used to organise a mid week night ride,or OTT based in Harpenden arrange local rides starting in Harpenden or Sandridge.

jedi

Just got back. Drifttastic! Brilliant ride 😀

mrflaky
    Free Member

Cheers Jolly, google maps here I come, think I will try broxbourne this weekend, have an explore that the very least, if anyone spots a orange commencal going in aimless loops that’ll be me!

toby1

If I were to visit the area this Saturday where would best to park to locate some of them there trails?

Postcodes for sat nav’s would be appreciated 🙂

jedi

farmers boy pub, brickendon lane

toby1

Cool, cheers for that jedi, had unexpectedly excellent weather, got muddy and a had fine little explore.

samunkim
    Free Member

Hi

Forget Googlemaps. Some kind soul has downloaded most of the the trails to http://www.openstreetmap.org

P.S Wormley is better than Broxbourne IMHO

dizcostix
    Free Member

and how do you see those trails on that link? not being very clever./….

samunkim
    Free Member
    timmys

okay try rhis instead

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/51.7383/-0.0840

I do wonder if in the year that’s passed since he asked that question he might have worked it out for himself 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

it will be wet!!

It’ll be dry.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Broxbourne Woods Hertfordshire’ is closed to new replies.