Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brought the Wrong Chain Guide – E13 LG1 Content
  • nwill1
    Free Member

“Measure twice cut once” is echoing around my head!!

Anyway I have a ‘new to me’ 2012 Orange Five, I have converted it from triple to single at the front and as such purchased a beautiful E13 LG1 Trail Guide, it’s absolutely mint condition, looks like its been fitted but never ridden.

I sold a device with ISCG old fitting to purchase the new device complete with ISCG 05 backplate…I have now been informed that the Five is actually running ISCG old.

Other than, selling to buy a new one or buying a new backplate is there any way of firing an 05 to old tabs??

steezysix
    Free Member

Can’t you use the BB adaptor that comes with it? I did the same on my old Mondraker and it worked fine.

nwill1
    Free Member

I brought it used so did not come with one although I’ve read the 05 tabs may get in the way??

Northwind

Orange inexplicably still use ISCG-old, it is confusing 🙁 Alternative suggestion- sell the chain device, get a thick/thin ring and possibly a top guide. Top/bottom guides are so 2012 dahling!

nwill1
    Free Member

I’ve been running an XT cluch mech (soon to be Zee Short Cage if anyone is after an XT clutch) with a standard e13 chainring, fine for trails but as I went to a local DH spot it came off every run! Lost faith that a Thick Thin could actually live up to the hype on really rough trails/tracks, it spoilt my day and scratched my crank arms!

Northwind

There’s no comparison between those two… standard chainring just doesn’t work without a guide, you’re right but I went from standard chainring + chainguide, to works chainring and no guide at all, and it’s been flawless- including bouncing my hardtail down the fort william world cup route, a load of innerleithen dh and enduro, and quite a few decent sized crashes 😉

You might possibly find you want a top guide but I’ve found no need for it.

nwill1
    Free Member

Perhaps I just need to sell the guide & pick up a Thick Thin!? I just find it difficult to images in that such a small change can have such a profound effect!

Northwind

Me too, it is mad frankly! I think with a full suss with quite a lot of chaingrowth like a Five, maybe a top guide is more likely to be required since the chain’s less controlled. But then on the other hand, my hardtail gets rattled around a lot more. But I’d be amazed if you find you want or need a dual guide.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Nwill1
    If you’re happy to just BB mount it you can buy the adaptors to do this aftermarket.

Take a look on the smalls parts section of the e13 pages on http://www.silverfish-uk.com

Cheers.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers, as do that I’m tempted to buy a new backplate & try selling the other.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brought the Wrong Chain Guide – E13 LG1 Content’ is closed to new replies.