Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bronson owners
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I have found a supplier of touch up paint for Santa Cruz bikes. Having managed to put a large gash in my top tube, I have been looking for some cosmetic help for my Tennis Ball Yellow Bronson C. Very annoyingly neither SC UK (Jungle) not SC US supply touch up paint which is extraordinary for a high end bike supplier

As background, SC UK supplied a Pantone reference but most paint suppliers work on RAL, so converted the Pantone to RAL, ordered a touch up bottle and bingo – absolutely nowhere near. I have since found that there is no RAL equivalent of the Pantone colour

So, have now found a UK supplier who can match the Pantone reference of Tennis Ball Yellow but the smallest quantity they can mix is 1 litre because of the very small quantities of some of the ingredients. Cost of a litre with delivery is about £40, but they could supply it in smaller pots like 100ml or 50ml.

If we can get somewhere between 5 and 10 Tennis Ball Yellow Bronson owners chipping in we should be able to work it where we pay just £4-5 each including shipping

Anyone interested?

jam-bo

you’re missing a trick here. buy the litre for £40, decant into 10ml carbon effect bottles and sell for £20 a go.

AlexSimon

It always amazes me that bike companies don’t do this.

Paceman
    Free Member

Model-making shops often sell small pots of enamel paint for a couple of quid. I’ve had success buying a couple in the past and mixing them to get the exact colour match. Might be worth looking if you have such a shop locally.

sazter

Won’t SC help you? I asked YT for the paint for my bike and they sent me wee pots of both colours free.

haggis1978

Youve got a Bronson Carbon, the frame alone skint you around £2.5k and youre worried about shelling out £40 for a tin of paint on your own?? Sort it out man FFS lol

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

haggis1978 – Member

Youve got a Bronson Carbon, the frame alone skint you around £2.5k and youre worried about shelling out £40 for a tin of paint on your own?? Sort it out man FFS lol

Fair point, well made. Probably comes from living in Scotland and not liking to waste stuff. I will go that route if there aren’t any takers within a day or so

dancelini
    Free Member

Hi did you ever order the paint? I’ve got a similar problem to yours. If you got the paint how close a match was it? Would you be able to sell me some or possibly give me the Pantone reference and company so I could order some my self?? Many thanks, Danny.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

CM doesn’t come on here much now Danny, best to drop him an email – it’s in his profile – I’m sure he’ll help you out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bronson owners’ is closed to new replies.