Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bronson owners , information please
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

A mate is looking at getting an alloy Bronson and is wondering how much of a mud trap the lower pivot/BB area is?

Ta.

P-Jay
    Free Member

My mates lower linkage used to shit it’s bearings once or twice a year. They come with a lifetime warranty thankfully.

My Tracer had a similar set-up, I inspected the bearings for the first time after a year 😳 they were unhappy to say the least but I squirted in some new grease and they’re okay for now. LBS who sold me the bike says it’s a nice idea but better suited to California than South Wales, he replaces the open bearings with standard Enduro bearings and they last longer and perform better than the OE ones would after a ride or two.

alexh
    Free Member

I have an alloy Bronson. In 2 years I’ve replaced the lower link once and the upper link twice.

It’s cheaper, and quicker to buy a new linkage with bearings already pressed in.

I grease up that lower link every couple of months.

It’s not too bad, I’ve always meant to put some Moto foam in there but it’s never been an issue.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

lowey

Bronson 1 or 2? The lower linkages are very different between the models.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Latest model

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They do trap mud, there’s no denying that, but it takes 5 minutes to remove the link & clean it all out.
    We do it on every SC that comes through the workshop.
    Bearings are free for life anyway, labour if you choose the shop to do it for you is minor as they’re the easiest bikes I’ve ever come across to do a bearing change.

gkeeffe

Love mine… never really noticed the shelf. Just pump in marine grease every couple of rides. The bike is amazing: increble up and downhill.

lowey

If its the Bronson 2 the bottom linkage is much less exposed being covered by the extended BB shell. I’ve had both models and the new one gets a fraction of the dirt collected in there that the first model did.

Quick hose down and jobs a good un.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bronson owners , information please’ is closed to new replies.