• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bronson – 150 or 160mm Pike?
  • chief1409
    Free Member

Just about to build up a Bronson C to replace the one stolen a few weeks ago. Going for Pike Solo Air fork instead of the Float 160mm i had on the last bike (you can’t get the float in a 150mm hence the 160mm last time…..)
    So given i have the choice between 150mm and 160mm with a Pike and the Bronson rear is 150mm what do i go for?

Stick with what i know and go 160mm?
    Match front and back to give a slightly better climbing set-up? Or will it make naff all difference?

I’m just under 100kg all kitted out and I do all sorts of biking from 7stanes, Carron Valley, Cathkin Braes and this summer doing PassPortes du Soleil…..

chief1409
    Free Member

Bump – either I’ve asked a stupid question or there’s no difference between the two in the real world?

Any advice? Just about to pull the trigger….

honourablegeorge

160. It’s more.

Northwind

This is secondhand info, but I think the 160mm Pike can be modified to 150mm- it’s a permanent mod, needs teh air shaft machined down. So IF that’s right then 160mm would be the smart option as if you don’t like it you can change it. But I might not be…

zerocool

It might be worth comparing Axle to crown heights on the Pike vs the Fox.
    Can you get the 160 and reduce the travel, thus having the best of both worlds? I’m sure 10mm won’t make a lot of difference in the real world.

Tom KP

samdf
    Free Member

I’d say go 160mm if you’re riding in the alps yearly. Having ridden there all the travel you can get is pretty helpful and AFAIK the HA is 67 ish with a 150 fork on a Bronson, slacking it to 66.5ish would be a good bet for steeper riding!

iolo
    Free Member

Will 10mm actually make that much difference? Get 160mm and run with more sag if you want 150.

daveh
    Free Member

I tried 140 and 150 Revs on my Bandit, I could definitely feel the difference. The almost magical ‘think it and it does it’ diminished to be replaced by a small but notable increase in high speed stability. 10mm significant in my world!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I went for 150mm Pikes

mmel
    Free Member

150mm pikes can be changed to 160 and vice versa. You need to buy a new air spring but apparently they’re only gonna be around £35 when available. Think the axle to crown on 150mm 650b pikes is the same as 160mm FOX 34’s give or take so I’d be going for the 150mm Pikes for now and get a 160mm air spring if need be in the future.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Or you could go with the 160 dual air and be able to reduce to 130 for climbs and flatter bit?

chief1409
    Free Member

160s leading the race for now. Think that bit extra would be welcomed when in the Alps or the half-arsed downhill I sometimes do. And I probably won’t really notice the extra on climbs and can increase sag if I want them to feel like 150s or even make the permanent mod to go that way…..
    Cheers folks!

grum
    Free Member

More is more.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bronson – 150 or 160mm Pike?’ is closed to new replies.