Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Broken wrist?
  • GJP
    Free Member

Had a bit off an off today and fell really hard with one wrist i assume taking most of the impact. It effing hurts, and is hurting more by the hour, unable to use it but no obvious swelling or bruising (yet).

Are there any obvious symptoms of fracture rather than just a heavy fall? Not really looking foward to long wait in a&e.

Simon

I’d go and get it checked out.

hugor
    Free Member

Hmmm you need to have an xray. Nobody can reliably tell you that’s its fine without one.

Cheezpleez

Get it checked out. You may well find it’s just a sprain but you’d be mad to take a chance.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

When I broke (both of) mine I knew one was fubar’d straight away, then the swelling came up on the other and I had to properly kick off at hospital to get them to x-ray it. Low and behold they found the 2nd one fractured as well.

But if its hurting get it checked out properly!

dantsw13

I broke my wrist last year – the Scaphoid (wrist bone) is notoriously hard to heal, due to low blood flow, and the earlier it is set the better. Get it done ASAP.

mattjg
    Free Member

Get it checked it’s not going to go away any time soon.

Good chance it’s a break if you can’t use it. Yes I have experience on this one.

nuke

Had an OTB off down a gulley: hurt at first but felt ok later although couldn’t use it much, didn’t look particularly bruised/swollen but I felt a bit sick so got myself down the local MIU …had an xray and first thing the nurse said was “well that’s a mess”…comminuted distal radius fracture if I remember correctly which resulted in surgery. That was start of April…just riding again now. 🙁

In summary, get it checked…good luck

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine was mis-diagnosed several times. Get it checked out. Look for your nearest minor injuries unit. They look at this sort of thing all day. Should be quicker for you and less strain on the NHS that A&E

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Can you open a jam jar without excruciating pain? If it hurts like hell then probably a scaphoid. Get them to really check the x-ray as it fairly often fails to show in the initial pictures unless they really know what they are looking for.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Go to a &e… You’ll probably end up in a cast even if there’s no obvious fracture (for 2 weeks and then re xrayed) Take a book and chauffeur.

GJP
    Free Member

Can I open a jam jar! No point in trying that one!

Went to local minor injuries along with every other man and his dog on a Sunday summer afternoon. Suspected broken scaphoid so now in plaster for 10 days before next x rays. At least the arm ain’t broken which is what they also suspected.

It was ok for the first hour but now itches like crazy. But more importantly how do I scratch my bum 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Scratching your ass will be the least of your problems if it’s fractured.. start praying it ain’t broken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Broken wrist?’ is closed to new replies.