Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Broken phone question
  • andy4d

So my son has broken is new samsung A52s. He was go karting and it fell out his pocket onto the seat as he was going round and is now bent with a bust screen and won’t turn on/charge etc. I thought if the screen broke it would still turn on etc so thinking it may be more than a bust screen (as it’s bent) or do phones shut down to stop further damage? A new screen is looking like €150ish which is fine if that’s all it is, but I don’t want to pay that and find it still won’t work. Any ideas? Heading in to a repair place tomorrow. The good news for him is he beat me for the first time ever, shame his celebrations were cut short.

eyestwice
    Free Member

If the screen is bent I’d assume the PCB and potentially battery are also a bit FUBAR.

People at the repair centre will be able to tell as soon as they open it up 👍

doomanic

Almost certainly FUBAR.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

It’s a £250 handset, I would look see for a new handset rather than fix.

Swap sim card over 👌

cp

Xiaomi redmi note 10 pro at £139 would be the solution I’d be looking at

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/redmi-note-10-pro-6gb128gb-667-120hz-amoled-ps139-with-code-at-xioami-uk-3981715

Yeah those Xiaomi handsets are unreal vfm.
    Quality is ace apparently too.

Why spend like mentioned above – coming from an ex refurb user of iphones.

Crikey! Those Apples are utter tat.
    Then again some folk just love to be bent over and squealing.

andy4d

Well for anyone interested he decided to go for the repair at €150 (new screen and shell) and it seems as good as new so the bend hadn’t knackered it thankfully. I think its the A53s (not a52) and over here it’s a €400 phone so he felt it was worth fixing and is happy (well as much as a teenager can be when they break their phone).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.