Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Broken hand and now a knee Op – what to for the next 7 weeks? :-(
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’ve been off the bike for 2 weeks with a broken hand and now have a further 7 weeks with no riding at all (not even to work).

So, other than feeling sorry for myself what should I do to stop going insane? I only just got Tracey finally upgraded/sorted too..

ton

mate, i have not been on the bike since october.

keep your chin up………… 8)

jenbe
    Free Member

least you dont have to go to work, you can satay at home and play xbox 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

I’m also out of action until April, goes with the sport I’m afraid.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Oh but I do have to work! I’ve got tomorrow off (had Friday, day of the op off as ‘holiday’) but then working from home Tuesday and back in office on Wednesday!

I also managed to nearly chop the end of my finger off in a rotor in October.

Since getting my new frame and forks in October I’ve ridden them about 4 times!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

… Oh and as I’m getting married at the end of July there’ll be a biking embargo of 6 weeks prior to the big day (in order to allow any bones to heal in the event of a big crash etc)

I might as well give up until mid August! Oh well.

What are you guys off the bike for?

jenbe
    Free Member

im glad im not the only one to stick my finger in a rotor, that **** hurts!

Northwind

Is it your, er, preferred hand?

When I bust my hip I became a computer game addict of korean proportions, same with my knee and hand. It’s a total bummer losing both an arm and a leg for a while, first time I broke my hand I could go running or walking but second time I did the knee straight after and god that was dull.

Best thing is to not rush it though, getting back out and active a week too early could set you back a month (or leave you permanently screwed)

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

It’s erm not my preferred hand no..

And yes, I received a lecture at the hospital yesterday about not being the man I want to be now so I can be the man I want to be in 2 months .. It sounded very poetic but that may have just been the combination of paracetamol, codeine and tramadol :-S

Northwind

Mmm… They should make up a name for that cocktail, I was floating for weeks. “Gimme a Bloody Mary and a Narcoleptic Coma”

Sorry if that sounded preachy btw, one of my fingers won’t heal right because I tried to do too much with it when it was only half recovered so I probably get a bit carried away about it. Luckily I was blessed with some spares

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

No worries Northwind, you are right!

rewski
    Free Member

Off with fractured scaphoid fix with bone graft and screw, and I’ve just had a plate removed from my collarbone. I think the worse thing is the side effects of all the codeine, I’ll spare the details.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

urk, sounds nasty!

(and yes, drugs are bad )

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Broken hand and now a knee Op – what to for the next 7 weeks? :-(’ is closed to new replies.