Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • broken front forks
  • pids
    Free Member

managed to break the front forks on my hard tail yesterday – landed a jump and heard a snap, the junction between the handlebar tube and the fork tune snapped/sheared

decision now is either to buy new forks or just scrap the bike and buy a new one ?

bike is a 7 year old frame, but everything else has ben replaced, indeed new front mech only two weeks ago, new rear casette about 6 months ago, new wheels 6 months ago etc so a lot of stuff is all good, it will just be the frame that is 7 years old, but after yesterday when the forks/handlebar tube sheared I am now wondering if the frame will not have suffered similar damange and may also collapse at some point ?

markenduro
    Free Member

What sort me frame is it? If it is a decent one, Get the frame checked over looking very close for cracks aroun the welding. Fit new forks and ride it till it dies.

MrNutt
    Free Member

breakdown the old beast and buy/build up a new one?

pids
    Free Member

frame is only a 7 year old gary fisher big sur so nothing special, but forks way cheaper than a whole new bike, just want to avoid throwing good money at it if likely to fail sometime soon

cynic-al
    Free Member

if you snap the frame later…replace.

simple!

TinMan
    Free Member

“Junction between Handlebar & fork”.
    Is it just the stem that’s broken?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘broken front forks’ is closed to new replies.