Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Broken Finger! With pics
  • outspoken
    Free Member

Still got two weeks before I can get back on the bike….

stevied
    Free Member

your links are, er, broken…

outspoken
    Free Member

Oh the irony….. Gimme a second

glupton1976
    Free Member
    solarpowered
    Free Member

Ouch! You’re lucky with a few weeks! It’s usually 6-8wks for anything broken in my book!
    Healing vibes coming your way…..

outspoken
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Pah! That’s not as broken as my mates leg was….

Stu’s leg 3 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

outspoken
    Free Member

Touché

Although that’s not really a break that’s wrecked !

solarpowered
    Free Member

Where the hell has the majority of Stus leg gone????!??! !!!??!!
    He’s missing the distal third of a femur ffs….. 😯

solarpowered
    Free Member

Wait there…. That’s a tibia! Still… Where’s it gone?

allthepies
    Free Member

Om nom nom <burp>

solarpowered
    Free Member

😆

Cougar

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I feel ill.

midlifecrashes

😆

glupton1976
    Free Member

Tibia is all there, just a wee bit further back.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Tibia is all there, just a wee bit further back.

Correct to a certain degree Glupton. Stu’s tibia was further back alright, like somewhere ‘further back down the M6’. Here have another photo after he came out of hospital….

Stu’s leg 4 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Eurgh. Was that a motorcycle accident by any chance?

DezB
    Free Member

My lord. Poor Stu.

Still the OP’s finger looks rather cute with its little frame.
    How did you do it, mr outspoken?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Quick note to the OP.

You do know that those wires sticking out of your finger are going to be removed with a pair of pliers and no anaesthetic don’t you?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Eurgh. Was that a motorcycle accident by any chance?

You got it DK. Was pillion doing about 60 on the M6, car in front hit central barrier & bounced into the path of 3 bikes. Stu’s only(?) injuries were to his legs & when he’d composed himself he phoned his mum & said, ‘I won’t be home for tea tomorrow, I’ve broken me leg’
    He reckons cos he was a Royal Marine & had arctic training, he kept cool. 😯

scotroutes

Broken finger you say?

theblackmount
    Free Member

Stu’s leg wins – end of thread.

outspoken
    Free Member

It is kind of cute, it looks more like I’ve had an accident in the stationary cupboard and the paperclip won!

Dezb It was done playing cricket, occupational hazard as a wicket keeper.

Muppetwrangler strangely enough they have not said how they will come out. however I was awake in the operating theatre when they drilled through so i could watch! it was that or a general!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Ooo, you beat me! I broke my little finger on Saturday! I feel your pain. No wait, that’s my pain I’m feeling! 😆

outspoken
    Free Member

codeine is your friend… but not for more than 3 days! :-/

outspoken
    Free Member

and ibuprofen…. and ice and elevation

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Oddly, apart from the aching when doing my exercises, mine is actually painless. Which is in stark contrast to the agony of the club hammer missing the bolster chisel and smashing my hand into the brickwork.

ell_tell
    Free Member

codeine is your friend… but not for more than 3 days! :-/

I took codeine for a week after my bike accident. I neither went to the toilet for a week as well 😕

outspoken
    Free Member

Not had any issues with the loo, but I ran out of codeine about 2 weeks ago!

I knew id broken my finger when i did it, but finished the T20 I was playing, Iced it and then played for two more weeks before deciding to go to the A&E. oops

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Outspoken, make sure you do CONSTANT exercises with clothes pegs, squidgy bike grips and stress balls as soon as you can. Also do loads of pressing to get it to go flat.
    I broke my middle finger nearly 2 years ago and it is now finally back to full strength but it doesn’t quite meet my palm in a fist and it’s a good 15 degrees off going flat at the middle knuckle. I did loads of exercises but I guess still not enough, although I consider myself lucky when I see the mess some people are left with after breaking fingers.
    It seems to be something to do with the limited blood flow in the extremities which results in slow healing? Any medic bods confirm this?
    Oh and good luck!

outspoken
    Free Member

Cheers,

sadly this is not my first rodeo having broken both middle fingers, little pinky on the right and now the index on the left.

it has a reasonable amount of movement and gets used every day and iced etc. Just want these damn pins out to get it moving fully again!

theotherjonv

Yep been there. Also a WK, I now have various odd sized fingers and the pinkie on one hand broke on the joint and grew back semi fused, so even after tonnes of physio I have a permanent tea drinking pinkie out position

outspoken
    Free Member

Well finally managed to get the wires taken out…. Problem being there was a bit of infection on one side (the lump you can see) this had to be “Scrubbed” off by the nurse…. Que the laughing gas!

the weirdest thing i have ever done and very triply!

brakes
    Free Member

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I feel ill.

You and me both! 😯 😳

brokensoul
    Free Member

The photos on this thread make the broken thumb that I got on Tuesday night look like it wasn’t worth the trip to a&e.

outspoken
    Free Member

As i learned its always worth a trip to A&E, i left mine for 2 weeks thinking it was ok!

I get to take the bandages off on sunday and see what its like? Then told by the hand surgeon to give it a good scrub, oh and apparently blood and pain is good?

on a sub note when did antibiotics become so expensive ? £15.00’s worth

nickmsm
    Free Member

Suddenly the fact I am on crutches for 6 weeks after an ankle op doesn’t seem so bad! On the subject of fingers, I broke one of mine badly in a motocross accident and it’s still fat/bent nearly a year on, I don’t think they ever heal properly.

althepal

Heres mine from a few years ago now..

Almost a year later to the day I did the left one the same but not quite as bad.
    Stus leg one still wins though..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Broken Finger! With pics’ is closed to new replies.