Viewing 21 posts - 401 through 421 (of 421 total)
  • Broke up with my boyfriend……..
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Did you get lots of offers too? Or are they just reserved for the damsels in distress on here?

piemonster

Did you get lots of offers too? Or are they just reserved for the damsels in distress on here?

Just reserved for damsels mainly, due to the high levels of blokes on the forum.

I’ve not used Pinkbike, but I guess from the name it’s the better place for blokes to get offers from blokes.

andrewh
    Free Member

Didn’t get a single one. Can’t understand why, WG and I both have Yetis and yet she’s had loads, so it can’t be down to the bike.
    Anyway, enough of my issues, i’m starting to feel a little like I’m taking over here, can we return to the suject of the brownie and the trail centre winery? That sounded quite promising…

adjustablewench
    Free Member

That does sound good – but how far up the country can you have a vineyard? Something tells me it will be a southern thing.

Maybe a scottish version – trail centre with distillery and shortbread. There must be some breweries convieniently placed too

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Okay winery and brownie cafe, I do believe that Stoner has a wine store and I bake (cakes/brownies etc) on a regular basis, so maybe there’s a basis of an idea there…..

PiknMix
    Free Member

Whisky distillery, shortbread AND decent trails. Gosh I would make that pilgrimage every weekend!

andrewh
    Free Member

Stonors wines won’t be ready until 2020 though. I do like the sound of the distillery. How do we get to sample some of your baking Ron?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

May be worth a look

CountZero

adjustablewench – Member
    That does sound good – but how far up the country can you have a vineyard? Something tells me it will be a southern thing.

Well, as an indication of how climates change, the Romans had vineyards in the north of England!
    Now largely confined to the south, there’s one near Bath, that I know of, and a few others dotted about. No riding or brownies with cream, sadly. 🙁

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Had quick look at that website I linked to above and there are some near the malverns – but maybe not on an actual trail

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Thats cool, the drink Britain one shows distilleries and breweries too on a map. Although im sure local knowledge is best for proximity etc

gordimhor

The whw runs right past Glengoyne distillery it’s a good days biking. from Milngavie to Rowardennan with lunch at the distillery or the pub nearby
    🙂

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Some great photos zokes! The big red ute and it’s second gear lever are just itching to get out and off road!

Sounds like there is a gap in the market for a real wine/biking experience in the uk, if someone gets that sorted I might think about coming back, oh and I’ll do my best to drag the sun with me!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Andrew just let me know when your next down Afan way and I’ll see what I can do,

might make a special batch for the next one cog gathering

busydog
    Free Member

From the picture Zokes took, the countryside sure looks a lot like our New Mexico landscape and weather (warm/hot & dry), although we don’t have the luxury of the Great Australian Bight nearby. I spent a little time in Sydney and Brisbane areas many years ago and really liked it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

On a slightly different tack, I found when I was cycle touring there that Aussies were generally bemused and offensive in equal parts about the idea of seeing their country on two wheels.And generally wanted us off the road.

Someone actually swerved AT my Ex [back on topic 😉 ] and tried to take her out on a roundabout for holding a lane.

Kiwis, OTOH, were all nice as 3.141592654

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Seems like everyone wants to take the girls out down under
    😆

epicyclo

gofasterstripes – Member
    On a slightly different tack, I found when I was cycle touring there that Aussies were generally bemused and offensive in equal parts about the idea of seeing their country on two wheels.And generally wanted us off the road….

Back in the 70s they used to chuck their empty beer bottles at us.

I consider the aluminium beer can a great advance in the evolution of civilisation…

zokes
    Free Member

Funny, I feel much safer on the roads here than I do in the uk. They are certainly shit drivers, but as a rule, not as homicidal as uk motorists. Bus drivers are still **** though.

andrewh
    Free Member

I didn’t have any problems with the drivers in Oz, all very nice. I did see a ‘Cyclepath’ sign over which someone had written ‘This is V8 Country’ I love the noise of a V8 as much as the next man (there’s even an old 3 litre Triumph one still attached to the rusting remains of a car in the garage) Never had a beer bottle thrown at me, here or there. I did once have a cabbage chucked at me though (here) and have been hit by a golf ball (accidentally)
    I’ll take you up on that Ron, not sure when I’m next down that way though, it’s a fair old trek. When is the next SS gathering anyway?

Viewing 21 posts - 401 through 421 (of 421 total)

The topic ‘Broke up with my boyfriend……..’ is closed to new replies.