Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Broadband WOW!
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

Morning All, we have just been rewired from BT (old landline knackered) and are now seeing 8.5Mbs down and 900Mbs up – awesome. Just recieved a huge work e-mail in seconds and even better sent it back in the blink of an eye. Right, best test it now with some suitable live streaming videos “cough”!

stumpy01

That’s nice…… 😉

We are currently on 1Mb broadband that we’ve had for ages. Contract is in the missus’ name, so she needs to change it, but never gets round to it. I have checked with one of those online speed checker things and apparently we should be able to get almost 8Mb/s.

psychle
    Free Member

You should see Virgin Broadband… 20Mb’s of raw torrent pouring down your fibre optic cable, superb 😀 And it’ll be 50Mb’s soon enough!

I don’t know how I’ll cope if/when I go back to Australia, our ‘broadband’ tops out at around 2Mb’s 🙄

Mackem

Lucky sods, i dont even have a telephone line. Have to use mobile internet.

Pook

what’s the best deal about at the mo then? We’ve no land line yet

Jamie
    Free Member

I currently have 20MB from Virgin and can now get the 50MB package. Just cannot justify spending the extra tho, as i am quite happy being able to download 10GB in an hour for the moment. Saying that might give Virgin a bell to see if they could do a deal.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Pook- go for O2…

I pay less than £5 for unlimited 20mb download speeds..

http://broadband.o2.co.uk/home/packages.jsp

lowey

I;m with virgin and recently upgraded from 2 meg to 10. Never got over 6meg in reality.

Stoner
    Free Member

900Mbs up

really? Zoom!

twohats
    Free Member

You should see Virgin Broadband… 20Mb’s of raw torrent pouring down your fibre optic cable, superb [:D] And it’ll be 50Mb’s soon enough!

Pah, 100Mb/s of super fast fibre optic here 8)

andywhit
    Free Member

>I;m with virgin and recently upgraded from 2 meg to 10

I went the other way and downgraded from 10 -> 2Mb and got on a deal which halved my monthly costs. Couple of months later and Virgin announced that all 2Mb customers will be upgraded to 10Mb free of charge – w00t 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m outside of a cable area and over 6km from my exchange so I get about 2Mb/s ADSL for about £25 a month, bargain 🙁

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’m 1.6 miles from my exchange and get 1.7mb on an ADSL+ connection.. The BT estimator suggests 2.5mb max.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

welcome to the 21st century

Drac

Loads of areas offering ADSL2 now outs is due final quarter of this year.

DickBarton

I’m meant to get up to 8Mb, reality is just shy of 1Mb almost constant with a few forays up to 1.5Mb when it is feeling frisky…I’m right on the limit of the exchange though so I wasn’t expecting much more than 2Mb…the fact it only does just 1Mb isn’t a surprise but still disappointing.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

RooleyMoor – Member

I’m 1.6 miles from my exchange and get 1.7mb on an ADSL+ connection.. The BT estimator suggests 2.5mb max.

even if you were next door to the exchange there could be a whole drum of jumper wire between you and the boards.

spooky_b329

RooleyMoor – Member

That will be horrible Ally cable spoiling your speeds.

Im about 250m from my local exchange and get 7.5mb. Plus its a nice short walk to work :p

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

spooky – I know,.Good job I only use t’internet for stw! 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Broadband WOW!’ is closed to new replies.