Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Broadband slow / no connection. Where will the problem be?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Always had really good broadband, I couldn’t tell you what speed, but good e ought to watch I player, download films quickly etc.

For the last 3 weeks its got slower, the last 3 evenings its not worked at all, or crawled ie .20 Kbps. At best it’s about 3kbps.

Overall the speed has dropped big time, but at peak times its not working at all.

The line is BT, but we are with Sky. Sky have done line checks and found nothing wrong and are escalating it … whatever that means!

Is it likely to be our problem in our home, or just that 3 weeks ago loads more people started using broadband in our area?

Ta

project
    Free Member

If your using a wireless router, check nobody nearby is using it for free, eg people next door or outside.

Happened to me.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its a secured wireless router so how would they connect?

cbike
    Free Member

Have you had a speed upgrade? As BT upgraded me it became slower and less reliable. More uptake as well slowed the exchange. After ruling out all physical faults over 7 years I came to the conclusion that its BT and the limitations of 20 year old copper.

Moved to Cable. Only down time has been maintenance.

project
    Free Member

Check the security settings are still there, als check the cables are plugged in, anmd beaware if an engineer does come out, then it will be 50 quid for the privelage

giantjason
    Free Member

what speed have you been quoted from sky/bt on your expected connection?

have you tried resetting the router?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sky said we should be getting 6-7 kbps.

If I press the little reset button what does that do?

pennine
    Free Member

I had similar issues a few months back, and to cut a very long story short, I bought a new router and the problems went away. See if you can borrow a router.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Broadband slow / no connection. Where will the problem be?’ is closed to new replies.