Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Broadband prices
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

I’m busy and too lazy to shop around. Can we have a little competition? Who’s got the cheapest line rental + broadband package, how much, and who with? Currently PlusNet is in the lead…

Cheers!

Cougar

If your sole criteria is price, you’ll not beat PlusNet, they’re the cheapest in the country for standalone ADSL currently.

There’s cheaper to be had if you factor in other things. For instance, if you get the base package and already have a mobile with them, O2 is like £2/month or something silly. The basic Sky ADSL is free so long as you migrate your land line to them.

Any other questions? (-:

randomjeremy
    Free Member

You realize cheap = shit, right

ourmaninthenorth

Easy for me: Free. TalkTalk.

Cougar

Free. TalkTalk.

You’re overpaying for that.

ourmaninthenorth

You’re overpaying for that.

😀

rewski
    Free Member
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

BE Broadband everytime. Maybe not the cheapest (but still cheap), and afaik they dont do line rental, but it is a very good service. Great customer care and they dont throttle or restrict your bandwidth.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Be is limited in availability, if its at your exchange I’d go for it.
    Im paying £24pm for Sky line, calls and BB and its fine. Make sure their LLU product is available first, otherwise you’ll be on a std BT sourced product, which does get throttled at peak times.
    Samknows
    Will tell you all you need to know.

Cougar

BE Broadband

O2’s LLU offering is BE Internet rebadged. If you can get BE and have an O2 mobile, you can get the same product cheaper (I think you save about a fiver a month).

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Looks like I’m fairly limited in what I can get – ADSL or ADSL Max. Sky came in at £28/month as I’m outside their normal region. PlusNet still winning!

Cougar

Sky came in at £28/month as I’m outside their normal region.

Yeah, that’s BT Wholesale for you.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep, if you buy their BT based service there is a surcharge of about £6 IIRC.

anjs
    Free Member

Are you worried about fair use policy or throttling?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Not really, just going to use it for email and browsing, occasionally music and iplayer watching I guess too.

anjs
    Free Member

Well I player watching at peak time could be interesting with some of the cheaper ISP’s

ourmaninthenorth

Are you worried about fair use policy or throttling?

I’ve told the netowrk engineers at my place that if they try to “traffic shape” me, I’ll throttle them..!

But they’re network engineers, so they’re too busy playing with Junipers and Redbacks….

xiphon
    Free Member

Virgin do traffic shaping (during peak times) on their ADSL network if that bothers you.

We pay £24 inc landline rental (all inclusive with Virgin National)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Broadband prices’ is closed to new replies.