Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Broadband – Fiber To The Cabinet – how long does it take ?
  • cranberry
    Free Member

In my parent’s village BT are busy putting in a new cabinet as part of the rollout of superfast broadband.

How long does it take from fitting the cabinet next to the roadside to actually getting a nice fast broadband connection ?

bruneep

never for me.

I can see cabinet from street, but due to BT shitty wiring circa 1992 we cant connect to the BTO fibre cabinet

Dibbs
    Free Member

never for me.

I can see cabinet from street, but due to BT shitty wiring circa 1992 we cant connect to the BTO fibre cabinet

Probably the same for me 🙁

porlus
    Free Member

Had the cabinet at the end of our street since around August. Still not available to place an order. Website is claiming the end of December for it to be ready for order.

muddodger
    Free Member

3 months for us,was supposed to be September but finally got it 2 weeks ago, although 2 weeks was down to us deciding between Talk Talk and BT.
    Currently enjoying 30-36mb download, from 0.5mb!

cranberry
    Free Member

Aha, then I guess I can close the tab with Speedtest in it then 🙁

Checking online it does say that things will be in place by the end of 2014, but I still have hope that it’ll be quicker than that – 2.5Mb sucks.

Bruneep – if I could see the cabinet, I dig the old cabling out myself, with a teaspoon if needed, to get decent access.

Russell96

Whack your BT phone line number in here >>

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Whilst the physical installation of the cabinet is pretty quick and it’s usually a pretty short pavement dig to put in the duct to connect it to the cab and cable it all in. What is a lot harder is getting power to the thing, one went in next to my local cab early last month, roadworks across a main road happened a couple of weeks ago to get the power across but I’m still waiting on a 15-Jan go live date according to the BT Wholesale checker. So once that’s gone I’ll be able to submit an order to re-grade my connection.

Murray

3 years and counting…

porlus
    Free Member

Well mine for a number of weeks was saying available from 31st December. Just checked availability on BTs website and the potential date to place an order is anytime between now and March 2014.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Broadband – Fiber To The Cabinet – how long does it take ?’ is closed to new replies.