Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Broadband and TV recommendatiions
  • withersea
    Free Member

Have been with plusnet for years and my contract has come to an end. They’ve told me today that they are pulling the plug on their TV service next month so I am looking to move on

My Mobile is with Vodafone and they now do broadband and have a tie in with apple TV. My Vodafone contract also runs out next week.

I can’t get virgin as they can’t lay the cable on my street.

I’ve always avoided sky, but will to consider as an option.

I am looking for unlimited fibre broadband, but not the new ultrafast options, some sort of TV package and ideally the ability to record, rather than just stream.

What would STW suggest? My thoughts so far.

Vodafone looks good, but no record option with apple TV. Are there TVs with free view built in that can record/store?

BT package when put together seems expensive.

Sky seems reasonable.

timmys

Do you actually want any of the extra channels that Sky offer or you just want the ability to record? If just to record you would be crazy to go with Sky. Just get a Freeview PVR. Some TV’s do have the ability to record – you’d need to check your model – at a minimum you’d need to plug an external HD in though for storage.

If you don’t want Sky channels then I imagine Plusnet Ultimate Fibre + a PVR box would be your cheapest option to get what you want.

EDIT; Actually, depending on your needs, if you do want some Sky channels then that option plus a NowTV day/week/monthly sub might be an option rather than full-fat Sky. There’s a NowTV app for AppleTV.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Broadband and TV recommendatiions’ is closed to new replies.