Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Broadband and all that
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m starting all over again

The only thing which is essential to me is Broadband, of course landline and TV are good too.

Tell me where i go wrong here
    It seems that if you want a landline, there is a basic £16 line rental cost, then about a £10 for unlimited broadband, usually discounted.
    That just leaves the telly, I’m not that bothered really, and would survive on freeview, i think (would I?)

So a freeview box or freeview telly would take care of it all right?

so about £25 a month, or am i missing something?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

EE are best deal atm iirc. Just stream everything. No live = no licence

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’ll not get away with streaming, too awkward for the kids.

nickc

My lot costs me

£30 for phone and broadband from BT
    £9.99 for spotify premium (more music than I’ll ever listen to)
    £6.99 for Netflix (more telly than I can watch)

the streaming is easy. the kids will get it before you 😉

totalshell

much thanks fopr this post to the OP and others.. i was paying 20 a month to bt but getting bent over for every 5gb i udesed over my limit so switched to infinity for double my current allowance and still went over so taday whilst waiting for the aa man i ve switched again and for 3 quid extra i get unlimited braodband bt and espn sports and when i ve finished typing im going to head over to netflix.. singletrack more than just bikes!!

cp

Virgin cable here, 26 a month unlimited broadband only. No need for a landline these days.

freesat TV, plus netflix for t’other half.

Bimbler
    Free Member

£30 (actually just noticed it’s gone up to £33) for Virgin Cable 50Mbps, and unlimited calls, Freesat TV (latest YouView box is great with a couple of caveats), Netflix, Spotify.

jaymoid

I have had EE phone + broadband for about 4 years now.

The broadband has been fine, but for about 7 months of the last two years, nobody has been able to phone the house (this fault has happened on two seperate occassions). The customer services do try a little bit to get it fixed but don’t really have the telephony understanding, they just follow the scripts and default to sending an engineeer to my house (on repeated occasions), the end result is months of broken phone line, mistaken engineer fees (no fault with my equiptment), and very little in way of good will gestures for the inconvienince. One of the faults was because EE mistakenly ported my number out, and the second time was apparently equiptment fault at the exchange.

For the appauling fault detection and resolution, and (friendly but) poor customer services I cannot recommend EE at all. I was with them because I used to work for EE and it was free, now I get a significant discount, but I’m starting to think it isn’t enough!

birky
    Free Member

I switched in december. Phoned up Talk Talk asking for a MAC code to move my broadband and they said if I stayed they could do me a good deal. Now have line rental inc all std landline calls and unlimited broadband for 15.85 a month. Was previously paying 15.30 for broadband and 20.50 to BT for line rental.

allthegear
    Free Member

I pay a lot of money to be with Andrews & Arnold (aaisp.net) but I do get an excellent, always flat out >70Mbps download…

Rachel

wwaswas

I’d go with Virgin if you can.

Even their basic package offers 50mbps now (round here at least).

They run the whole thing including the local loop so there’s no tooing and froing between BT and the broadband supplier if you get a problem.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Upload speeds are tragic though on Virgin if that’s important

monkeychild
    Free Member

Where I live it’s a joke. Suburbia,but I can’t get over 1.5MB download. Eff you BT!! No Virgin either. The rural village where my house is, I got 16MB download. This country’s comms infrastructure is bonkers. #firstworldproblems

wwaswas

I think with 4G availability going up and prices going down it’ll make sense for people to drop landline based broadband soon.

Guy I know works in a rural location and gets 44Mbs on EE 4G.

[edit]

This country’s comma infrastructure is crazy.

We need to put a full stop to this sort of thing.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup!! Stupid iPad.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Did the same as birky, now paying 15.60 a month for line rental and unlimited bb. Same offer for new customers i think. Been surprised by talk talk and how helpful theyve been, would recommend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Broadband and all that’ is closed to new replies.