Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Brixham locals
  • lucien

Been following tyre tracks all weekend, having spent a long weekend in Brixham, riding pretty varied and plenty to challenge both going up and down.

Any local knowledge on trails would be great as family just moved there so will be spending weekends there periodically.

DavidB
    Free Member

I live here. There’s nothing much local that’s not cheeky.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I grew up there and my family still live there. There’s quite a bit of stuff that used to be fun on an early 90s hardtail, but would be pretty boring on a modern bike.

The better stuff was:

Hillhead to Mansands – turn left just past the old garage (now houses) on the lower ferry road and follow the path down to Mansands.

Southdown to Mansands – go up Southdown Hill then follow the path down towards Mansands when the road finishes.

Churston Woods – a few drops and tracks hidden in the woods. Not sure how this has held up as many of the trees were felled last year.

Berry Head – cheeky bit of singletrack in the woods where the third fort was planned to be built in the 18th century.

Pig Track from the halfway along Kennels Road down to Greenway.

If you want more technical stuff and/or jumps, I’d head to Scadson – near Cockington.

JP

devbrix
    Free Member

Mixture of snappy up and down XC and some short funky bits which needs bit of exploring to find. Its never going to be Zona Zero but it’s entertainment straight out the door in a staggeringly beautiful place and you can extend routes over the Dart and along the (ahem) coast path. PM me if you are on Strava and will friend and you can pick out the local riding and take you out at some point if you want.

lucien

Thanks for responses, most of what’s mentioned I’ve ridden already and found it pretty good if I’m honest as I’m only riding 100mm .  I was hoping to extend out a little either towards Maypool / Kingswear or Galpton / Yalberton.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Brixham locals’ is closed to new replies.