Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Brittania
  • Kryton57

Anyone else watching?  Saw the first one last night, weird but entertaining in a Vikings kind of way.

Will be watching 2 & 3 tonight. Not sure what to make of it until then…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Watched the 1st one & thought it was crap, I think I watched the 2nd one but can’t remember.
    I’d forgotten about it till now.

jimplops

Watched all 9, found it cracking with some good twists.

tenfoot

First episode was crap but it did get better.

jimjam
    Free Member

Is this the thing that was a thread subject a while back and everyone concluded was bullshit?

LeeW

I gave it until the third episode then lost interest. It could have been good but it just got a bit silly.

tinribz
    Free Member

The cast on paper is good, seems to have a relatively decent budget. Can’t put my finger on why it seems so unconvincing. Poor direction?

Hurdy Gurdy Man theme tune doesn’t help either.

CheesybeanZ

Apart from Kelly Reilly the cast are crap , never done a decent thing between them .

llama

Romans vs crusties

I quite like it. I’d say more but the underworld awaits.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The theme tune throws me..

Its far to, well, gentle, for what then goes on..

Poopscoop

Just go and watch Rome instead, the BBC/ HBO co production. (2005)

Its in a different league entirely.

kimbers

Real tragedy that Rome never got another season, they had to rush thru season 2, as well.

Plan for season 3 was that Titus & Lucius would be the poor bastards that got the job of nailing some beardy religious cult leader to the cross in a middle eastern province……

tthew

Was billed as a new ‘Game of Thrones’. It was OK, but not up to that standard. Like the characters, but the story missed it’s potential I thought, but plenty of potential in the next series for that to go freaky.

Rushed through it to the end then  started on season 3 of Gomorrah, Proper telly that one.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yep ..enjoyed them all…also started a thread a month or so back on this very subject …

oikeith

I’ve avoided watching Brittania as Sky are pushing it heavily in all their adverts, generally this happens when things are awful…

Kryton57

I finished them all.  Its not GoT or Vikings, very much 2nd rate to that.  Some poor acting and a thin-ish plot.  The last few episodes seem to be 3 hrs of drawing the series to a slow conclusion.

The most annoying things was being slightly drawn to the real mysterious English Isles Countryside – truly beautiful images – only to find it was filmed in the czech republic.  No doubt our version would have HS2 running through it.

Not sure I’ll get drawn to series 2 TBH

crazy-legs

I got quite into it although can’t really put my finger on why. It did get better towards the end, Episode 6 onwards. 6 itself was superb as all the various strands of the plot started to come together.

Left itself wide open for a sequel anyway so see what happens with that.

taxi25
    Free Member

“Is this the thing that was a thread subject a while back and everyone concluded was bullshit?”

Nope, “some people” thought it was Bull. I’m enjoying it, great fun but don’t take it seriously 😁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Brittania’ is closed to new replies.