Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Britstops
  • surfer
    Free Member

Did a search for this but there is little recent so thought I would ask the question. Does anybody use this and is it useful?

savoyad

I don’t use it. It seems an outdated approach to things. A lot of people seem to like it though.
    You should try searchforsites.co.uk before paying for britstops I think.

lowey

Yeah Searchforsites has them all on anyway.

tillydog
    Free Member

We have used it a little bit, but it seems the ‘Britstops’ book is optional, as the places we stopped at weren’t bothered, and I’m sure would have let you park up just for the asking / custom. It can be an expensive way of camping.

Maybe useful if you don’t want to patronise the establishment you want to stay at (a bit cheeky to ask in that case IMHO).

We hadn’t renewed our subscription this year, even pre Covid19.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just be aware when using those apps that some of the *spots* they list are popular with the lightflashing steamy windows brigade.

It always makes me chuckle when I see the ones listed locally. They are the sorts of places you don’t stop when passing through on a night ride. Let alone stop for the night.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve used Britstops a couple of times and they’ve been fine, but probably not enough that’ll I’ll buy the book again.

PrinceJohn

I’ve used an app call park4night that sounds like it does a similar thing when I’ve borrowed a motorhome

trail_rat
    Free Member

park4night

That’s the one I’m referring to.

No QC on the locations. So often end up with any old strip of land marked as a stopping spot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Britstops’ is closed to new replies.