Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • British Road Race Champs – on TV anywhere?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Any TV coverage of todays champs in Glasgow?

njee20
    Free Member

No idea, but now makes sense why the Rapha Condor guys were in the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow on Friday.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

ITV4 1900 tomorrow (Monday) night I think.

twitter feeds,
    Endura (number one car I belive)
    Enduramtbracing
    British cycling
    cyclingweekly

turbo1397
    Free Member

Off to see it later..hope the dry weather holds out but not holding my breath! Will be trying to get some pics. .

avdave2

I’m in Glasgow but stuck working in the SECC all day 🙁

project
    Free Member
    peterfile
    Free Member

I have no choice but to watch it, it passes my house.

They’ve cordoned off the whole of Park Circus and I can’t get my car out until 7pm this evening, so looks like I couldn’t have done anything today anyway!

Spin
    Free Member

It’s an odd course, some pretty tight streets and sharp bends.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

and the winner is…..Mark Cavendish, from Stannard & Millar,
    far play to Mark as I am sure they where trying to get rid of him.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Aye – thanks for that. I was waiting until the highlights tomorrow and you’ve only gone and spoiled it. :sob :sob :sob. I hate you :flounce. 😉

crazy-legs

Good result from the women’s race this morning too.

Tough course, reading Twitter it reckoned that only about 25 riders from 160 starters finished!
    Not sure what the stats were from the Women’s race, I know there were only about 60 starters.

rusty90
    Free Member

Where did you get the result from Rob? Still nothing on Cyclingnews yet. Glupton, that reminds me of an old episode of The Likely Lads where they spend all day trying not to hear the result of a footsie match (only to find it was called off)

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Great course and a great afternoon walking round it. We managed to get a spot 50m from the finish and the whole event was fantastic.

glupton1976
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23023842 The last picture in that lot kind of tells you who won and by how far.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

HAd a quick chat with a rider who was racing, he said it was mad, right from the word go, people was attacking all over the place.
    Think only 20-25 riders finished the rest was pulled.

rusty90
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Good for Cav. Damn, Stannard’s a big lad isn’t he? You wouldn’t want to knock his pint over in a pub.

kennyp
    Free Member

They’ve cordoned off the whole of Park Circus and I can’t get my car out until 7pm this evening, so looks like I couldn’t have done anything today anyway!

Err, go out on your bike maybe? Or on foot?

kennyp
    Free Member

We went through for it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

unovolo
    Free Member
    turbo1397
    Free Member

Great day out.. started watching it in w.end then just walked the course to the finish. . 100m from finish line.. great atmosphere and ended up standing beside ben swifts family and laura trott!

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Yeh that was my first thought kennyp when I read the moaning and self centred post. Imagine not being able to use your car, how dreadful for you.

iainc

great day out

and the kids loved it too !

brakes
    Free Member

well… didn’t see that one coming.
    go cav!
    yellow jersey next weekend would be a pretty awesome week eh?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

cracking day out…tough course, but great for spectating and being able to go and see different parts during the day. In the mens race the breakaway of Stannard and Fenn went very early (first lap i think) and then Millar, Swift, Kennaugh and Cavendish chased it down over the course of a few laps – there was another group of about 10 just behind them that nearly made contact (was down to about 30 seconds at one point) but by the next lap they were 3 minutes down. I guess it is to be expected but the pro tour guys really are on a different level to everyone else – no slight on the others just more a mark of how good the likes of Millar, Cavendish, Stannard etc are.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘British Road Race Champs – on TV anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.