British Heart Foundation – South Downs Way in a day 21st July – riding partner?

Home Forum Bike Forum British Heart Foundation – South Downs Way in a day 21st July – riding partner?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • British Heart Foundation – South Downs Way in a day 21st July – riding partner?
  • Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

The advantage of doing a charity event like that (…and I’ve done the 65 miler twice with the BHF) is that there are riders on the course that make it sociable (maybe not like the London 2 Brighton but enough all the same)…plenty of camaraderie amongst the riders and, after a certain distance, you kind of find a riding partner/group.

tonyd5000

Thanks Nuke. A few too many “I”s in that post!

Premier Icon singletracksurfer
    Subscriber

yeah the good thing is you’ll find some riders from the masses who ride at your pace naturally on the day.

m1kea

Did Winch to Devils Dyke last year as a ‘ride’ and passed a fair few BHFers. You should find others to ride along with but it won’t be anything like the L2B day ride.

If I do it again I won’t be able to get to the start until gone 7:30 so probably wouldn’t see you.

tonyd5000

I am booked for this 100 mile day trip on saturday 21st and wonder if anyone else is planning to do it, as I could use some company.
    I would expect to do it in 12-14 hours unless it is really bad weather, then maybe 15.
    I would not expect you to hang around if you are finding me too slow!
    I will be at registration at 05.15 and starting at 05.30.

Cheers Tony

Premier Icon abatty
    Subscriber

Did the 100 miler last year and nuke is right, you’ll find your own pace and keep bumping into the same riders and develop a camaraderie. I started on my own but rarely felt without friends and someone else to share the pleasure/pain with. I like to ride at my own pace, especially over that sort of distance as I didn’t know how my body was going to react. It worked for me and I still rate it as one of the best things I’ve done for many a year. Best bit of advice from me, though, is don’t carry too much water – it’s heavy, there’s plenty of water stops en route. Enjoy the day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘British Heart Foundation – South Downs Way in a day 21st July – riding partner?’ is closed to new replies.