• This topic has 522 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 3 posts - 521 through 523 (of 523 total)
  • British and Irish Lions 2021
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Sad to say, but this test series was not a good advertisement for the game. Lions in SA is a special tour, but unfortunately the ‘need’ to win at all costs destroyed it as a spectacle.

Rugby needs to flow, and put bluntly, the big lads need to be kept running around to tire them out and let the gaps appear. If you turn it into American Football then you end up with American Football.

Chuffed for Morne Steyn, though, a true steely eyed quiet man.

DezB
    Free Member
    hooli

I think there needs to be some thinking about the video reffing – it’s becoming massively intrusive into the games. It kills any momentum and excitement.

I agree, its a shame but you cant blame the refs for doing it. They get torn to pieces by the managers, players and press for every decision so they end up having to cover their arses.

Not just rugby either, its creeping in in every sport. I even saw it in Olympic taekwondo!

Overall it wasn’t the prettiest rugby but exciting to watch with it being all for play for in the last test.

Viewing 3 posts - 521 through 523 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘British and Irish Lions 2021’ is closed to new replies.