Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 463 total)
  • British and Irish Lions 2021
  • Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

Hogg snubbed at 15 for first test in favour of bandy legged Welshman.

Take that TJ 😆😆😆

Premier Icon duckman

AWJ dropped for an Irish utility player.

Getitrightupye AA

Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

AWJ dropped

He’s captain according to beeb

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Murray; Sutherland, Owens, Fagerson, Henderson, AW Jones (c), Beirne, H Watson, Conan

Replacements: George, W Jones, Furlong, Lawes, Faletau, Price, Farrell, A Watson.

Looks dirt trackerish to me.

No Englandshire players in starting 15…take that Krypton 😀😀😀😀

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

No Englandshire players in starting 15

Well, they’re only playing Japan, should be a walk in the park.

Premier Icon Kryton57

No Englandshire players in starting 15…take that Krypton

Of course, why would they be in the B team?

Premier Icon tenacious_doug
    Free Member

There’s not much to read into anything….

Hogg along with a whole load of other English and French based players were unavailable for selection this weekend since they have only just joined the squad after being involved in domestic league playoffs. Plus Gatland has stated that as is often the case every player will get a start over the first few warmup games. It’s only really once we get close to the first test that it will become clear who’s in contention for a starting Test spot.

tenacious_doug

Don’t come here with your reasoned posts!!!

Premier Icon tjagain

Its so the bandy legged welsh git can get his red card out of the way early! then the smooth scottish superstars can come in

My real worry is pundits saying finn at 10 and Farrell at 12? thats just not going to work!

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

My real worry is pundits saying finn at 10 and Farrell at 12? thats just not going to work!

You’re not used to this, but you need to learn to trust in Gatland. If he plays Russell at 10, along with Farrell at 12, then it will work. However, if like you say “that’s just not going to work”, then Gatland won’t try it. 😀

Ps just read that H Watson is out (concussion in training) and Tipuric is in, for Saturday’s game against Japan.

Premier Icon Kryton57

So how are we all watching this? I think I’ll get a carefully timed NowTV pass with Boost (HD) on the 13th July. I’ll miss the first couple of games but get to see the import ones and not have to pay for 2 months subscription.

Premier Icon tjagain

plenty of places on the net to watch for free but the japan game is free to air is it not?

Premier Icon Kryton57

Japan yes, Channel 4.

plenty of places on the net to watch for free

Such as?

So how are we all watching this? I think I’ll get a carefully timed NowTV pass with Boost (HD) on the 13th July.

I might do this, thanks for tip.

Japan game on C4 I think

Premier Icon tjagain

Kryton – pirate streaming sites

PM me if yo want a link. Better not to put it on the forum

Premier Icon duckman

Kryton,just pay for the 2 months. Teej will just send you a link to niche prawn anyway.

Premier Icon tjagain

Very niche. The Scots all get ******

Premier Icon Kryton57

Kryton,just pay for the 2 months

I’m far too right to pay a second month for one game 😀 I’m not too bothered about the earlier matches when they’ll be highlights about an a commentary here anyway. There’s a glut of Sports – F1, Le Tour, England A and this – over the next few weeks and only so much time to watch it all.

Squidges analysis is interesting and seems to heavily pitch Townsend as the architect of the South African demise. Hmmmm.

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

Hogg snubbed at 15 for first test in favour of bandy legged Welshman.

Take that TJ 😆😆😆

Umm Hogg is on the bench today at Twickenham. Although your point still stands, he isn’t even the best full back in the Chiefs never mind the BIL..

Looks like broken wrist for AWJ gutted for him

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

Yeah that is bad news for him and the tour. So who will be called up to fill the space?

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

Tips off? 😫

Henshaw looking good.

Biggar and Adams too.

Glad VDeM scored a try, because he looks somewhat suspect in defence.

Premier Icon duckman

Hills are probably offering odds on the next Welshmam broken. That was some shot Tuipric took in the ribs, a bit naughty for a friendly.

AWJ out, dislocated shoulder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57623557

Premier Icon duckman

Thats crap,hopefully there is a way back to play for him. He needs to retire raging against the dying of the light, not in a meaningless warm up game. Sore for a week, I would imagine there would be value in taking him.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Hopefully AWJ is back in a few weeks albeit flying out late. A good performance I thought, several stand out performances, Ken Owens, Bierne, Conan, Furlong, Aki, Williams, Adams, Murrey. Sinckler put in a good shift when he came on, Farrell seemed not to add much, and Lawes although good in defence brought the England problems with him – Pings & a mistake on the line.

As an England supporter I think this shows our players issue – good when the right players in the right team do the right thing, individually sub par to the other nations.

Anyway, I enjoyed that 😀

Tipuric to miss tour too 🤕😥

Alun Wyn Jones will miss the British and Irish Lions tour of South Africa because of a shoulder injury and Ireland scrum-half Conor Murray will captain the side instead.

Jones dislocated his shoulder during Saturday’s warm-up game against Japan, where Justin Tipuric also sustained a tour-ending shoulder injury.

Wales’ Adam Beard and Josh Navidi have been called up as replacements.

“Alun Wyn will obviously be a big loss,” head coach Warren Gatland said.

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

Tipuric to miss tour too 🤕😥

That is such a shame. I was so looking forward to him producing some special moments on tour.
    It must be devastating for these players to work so hard to get into the team and ready to play, and then get injured like that.

Premier Icon tjagain

Thats shit for the two of them.

I enjoyed the lions game. Biggar was fine and showed exactly why I would have his as starting 10, I liked the centre combo, Pack looked strong with Bierne the standout. Furlong good as well. Price did well when he got on. I can see him forcing his way into the test side.

The way they used the back row forwards was very different to how Scotland do so it will be interesting to see if Watson can adapt / how they use him in the next game
    Duhan was very good going forward ball in hand and can make a good chase down tackle but got caught out of position again. Adams look great on the other wing as did the bandy legged stroppy git

Japan – some of their offloading and set piece moves were just fabulous. The Lineout dummy maul they scored from was a thing of beauty

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

Kryton agree about Lawes, I dunno why he is on the team at all. Always been a penalty magnet.

Price did well when he got on. I can see him forcing his way into the test side.

Er….
    I still think Van Der What’s it will be found out.
    Faletau was a poor 7, hence Biggar getting run over a few times.

With Tipuric out can Watson step up and play out wide as an attacker. He’s used down the middle for Scotland as a bosh merchant, has he got the skills to play heads up rugby.

Premier Icon tjagain

You could be right on Duhan VDM. He is young and inexperienced and it shows but once again beat a load of players, made good yards, scored a cheeky try ( and was out of position a few times)

Watson has the skills for sure – but its not how he is used to playing. He might love it and flourish or he might not. It also looked a different defensive set up. Him and Tips were really fighting over a place. Navidi will let no one down tho

Price – see what he does if / when he gets a start. He should do in one of the next two games. He has been in the form of his life over the last wee while

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot

Watson is surprisingly quick and can step inside to contact a soft shoulder.

Watson is surprisingly quick and can step inside to contact a soft shoulder.

No doubt, but can he play like an extra distributer like Tips can.

Premier Icon rhys
    Free Member

Day of mourning in Wales:-( gutted about AWJ and Tips. Faletau looked broken as well. He limped the whole game:-(((

Premier Icon duckman

Adam chuffing beard???

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

Interesting looking side for Saturday:

Lions: Stuart Hogg (C); Louis Rees-Zammit, Chris Harris, Owen Farrell, Josh Adams; Finn Russell, Ali Price; Wyn Jones, Jamie George, Kyle Sinckler; Maro Itoje, Jonny Hill; Courtney Lawes, Hamish Watson, Taulupe Faletau.

Reps: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Mako Vunipola, Zander Fagerson, Iain Henderson, Sam Simmonds, Gareth Davies, Bundee Aki, Elliot Daly.

Premier Icon tjagain

Farrell / russell? this may come to blows or it may be a stroke of genius. I don’t see the wings getting much ball unless they come inside looking for it

I like the look of the team tho

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 463 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.