Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Britains hardest villages – sky 3
  • carbon337
    Free Member

WTF! Skinnigrove what a dump

duckers
    Free Member

Ha! skinningrove is nothing compared to some of the areas around it! All born with the steel trade and dying with it. Sad, true, but certainly not hard!

Filthy
    Free Member

Ha ha I know a few people from skiningrove, even they would admit what a shithole it is. Shame I missed the program sounds interesting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    will
    Free Member

Seen that before 😆 is that the village with that kid who rides an old 1980s motorcross bike around. The whole program is funny, especially the Leek Village 🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

Will, thats the one the kid poured petrol down his sink and set a match to it – think he had a blockage!

The leek village is Grange Villa in County Durham – proper shit hole by the looks of it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah seen it before

made me chuckle.

I suspect some ‘creative’ editing and director prompting went on

ton

there is a village called streethouse near wakefield.
    it makes some of the aforementioned places look like henley on thames.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Dead Man’s Shoes illustrates the phenomenon of ex pit villages rather well

jackthedog
    Free Member

Dead Man’s Shoes was filmed in Matlock. Was it supposedly an ex-pit community in the film? I always thought it painted an uneccessarily grim view of the place really. Absolute top notch film though it is.

I went to college with a Greek Cypriot who came to England to study and find work. He moved into the flat above a family-run chipshop in an old Yorkshire pit village and worked in the shop to fund his study.

The shock must have been quite something, coming from his huge marble floored family home with swimming pool and balconies in a beautiful mediterranian village in Cyprus and ending up in a decrepit, poverty stricken, drug riddled, cold rainy isolated ex pit village.

loddrik
    Free Member

Glyncorwygg looks prety mean..

will
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Glyncorwygg looks prety mean..

Bloody hell! Never forgot when my brother a I went around these on our bikes to explore. We were chased off by local kids, who seemed to run wild. Shouting all sorts at us!

Was not nice!

slugwash
    Free Member

Due to the lack of mobile reception at the trail centre and the Drop Off Cafe being closed I’ve been forced to venture into Glyncorwygg on several occasions and can report back that the locals are actually quite friendly. I’ve had extended conversations with them, which althougth I could not understand what they were saying I presumed were good natured ‘cos they were smiling and laughing in a none threatening manner throughout.

The place could do with a lick of paint though, and they don’t know how to look after a phone box. Here’s the Glyncorwygg payphone a couple of years ago……

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

jackthedog – Member

Dead Man’s Shoes was filmed in Matlock. Was it supposedly an ex-pit community in the film? I always thought it painted an uneccessarily grim view of the place really. Absolute top notch film though it is.

supposed to be an ex mining type village in NW notts or SE derbyshire. Vale of Belvoir sort of area. although filmed in and around matlock it’s not meant to be a town of that size.

After posting yesterday i decided to watch the film but SOMEONE has borrowed my copy and not returned it 🙁

Herbie: Can I help you, mate?
    Richard: [shrugs] Sorry?
    Herbie: [says aggressively] What the **** are you looking at?
    Richard: [shouts] You, ya c**t!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Britains hardest villages – sky 3’ is closed to new replies.